Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t see how this kid can play. Don’t see how Miller and Larranaga still have jobs along with a few others. Some people don’t have to follow rules I guess.
20130303_bsd_sd2_107.0.jpg

Honestly though what’s villanova got to lose? If they aren’t involved in all the mess then why not take the kid in hopes the NCAA does nothing? I get it.

Nova recruiting through the roof since they rule the Big East since SU, Ville left. We used to get these top 20 kids (not specifically Quinerly) when we were Big East instead of a middle of the pack ACC team that has become synonymous with the NCAA bubble.

Honestly though what’s villanova got to lose? If they aren’t involved in all the mess then why not take the kid in hopes the NCAA does nothing? I get it.
Here's a scenario that could cost them:

Quinnerly shows up, plays a few games, half a season, maybe a whole season. The NCAA, running at their regular speed, takes their time adjudicating the case. Then they decide he is ineligible. All games he played are forfeited. Villanova has no moral leg to stand on, as everyone in the world knew of the cloud over Quinnerly's head. Very similar to the Bowen/SoCar situation.

Quinnerly shows up, plays a few games, half a season, maybe a whole season. The NCAA, running at their regular speed, takes their time adjudicating the case. Then they decide he is ineligible. All games he played are forfeited. Villanova has no moral leg to stand on, as everyone in the world knew of the cloud over Quinnerly's head. Very similar to the Bowen/SoCar situation.
I think that is unlikely. VU will asked that he be cleared first. He may go there and never suit up.

I honestly could care less about forfeited games after the fact. I still celebrated all of JBs wins. Whether or not they are still counted in some ncaa database somewhere is irrelevant to how I felt watching them or for that matter, how I feel about them now.

Because if he can’t play at Zona how can he play at Nova?

Well assuming the school made sure that there was no shoe money provided for Quinerly to go Nova, then one reason would be that Jahvon was paid to go to Zona but not to Nova. The conspiracy would end there for the FBI. And hard for the NCAA to prove otherwise, unless they declare Quinerly ineligible. Then the NCAA is opening a whole can of worms because they will then be setting a precedent that every athlete named in the FBI investigation should be declared ineligible. Which would be dozens of top 25 players over the last 3 years.

Well assuming the school made sure that there was no shoe money provided for Quinerly to go Nova, then one reason would be that Jahvon was paid to go to Zona but not to Nova. The conspiracy would end there for the FBI. And hard for the NCAA to prove otherwise, unless they declare Quinerly ineligible. Then the NCAA is opening a whole can of worms because they will then be setting a precedent that every athlete named in the FBI investigation should be declared ineligible. Which would be dozens of top 25 players over the last 3 years.

Getting paid by anyone would remove Quinnerly's amateur status -- so he wouldn't be able to play anywhere.

Getting paid by anyone would remove Quinnerly's amateur status -- so he wouldn't be able to play anywhere.

I thought I said that banning the players was an option in my post.

Just a hunch - I think the NCAA will try to find a work around on this so they don't have to disqualify fifty players.

Because if he can’t play at Zona how can he play at Nova?

No one ever said he couldn't play at 'Zona as far as I have heard. He decommitted. NCAA has done nothing about the case as far as I am aware. Louisville is out in front of it but everyone else has buried their heads in the sands.

I remember when this happened at Auburn to a quarterback they recruited that everyone knew got paid. Really cost them big time.

I remember when this happened at Auburn to a quarterback they recruited that everyone knew got paid. Really cost them big time.
The result of that FUBAR was a new rule that would have disqualified Newton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom