Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

No doubt, and like I said it doesn't take away from Boeheim's career, but I doubt Boeheim makes his success at getting guards to the league a big part of his recruiting pitch.

And @CardiacAndre7, statistically Waiters is one of the least valuable players of his generation based on his amount of playing time and being below average on both sides of the ball. Maybe I overstated Shabazz's odds, but if he were to put up say a 105 ORtg these next 2 years at 15-20 mpg, he'd probably surpass Waiters' career WS because he's been a net negative or basically a wash for his team several times before.

By the way: Lamb has 10.5 career WS in comparison to Waiters' 7.4, and has done that playing 49% as often as Waiters. Lamb is no star, but that just goes to show just how little Waiters has brought to the table in his career.

GOLD

This guys has some takes.

God, I would shutter at the fact that I have to call Waiters the shining example of my program's "successful" NBA guard. This past season was his best year and he was barely above league average in offensive efficiency. And before that he was one of the biggest jokes/memes in the NBA.

Shabazz is in a pretty good spot to surpass Waiters as he shined at the end of the season. Although he doesn't get the playing time, the numbers say Jeremy Lamb is already better in terms of efficiency. He just doesn't have the nerve to chuck like Waiters does.

I think Tyus Battle will be a solid bench player though. It's just tough to produce NBA caliber players when you play zone defense all year long in the NCAA then lose early in the tournament almost every year. Not even trying to disparage Cuse, Boeheim has found his way to being a HOF coach regardless, but his track record is what it is.

I have the feeling that if anybody looks back on QG's decision with any hindsight it will be QG not us.

If that was true, I wonder if folks would priase Franklin Howard for his alleged role? ;)

Yeah, kind of creepy, but he is at all the kid's birthday parties, too.

Not as creepy as some would have made it out to be if our former assistant(no offense intended) was at them recruiting. ;)

Screenshot_20170724-113556.png

And here come some more

Uconn fans should shutter at the fact that they've regressed to mid major status before they start worrying about a major p5 schools nba success.

They get so many guys. So many. I don't get it.

Nice place to go to school, especially as a basketball star, I'd assume. Not too worried about them though. Nova has worried me, so hate seeing that offer.

Cause Zona, and Nova offered late when we've been on him hard for a while now? We need a few other options, but you would think we were Rutgers sometimes around here.

I'm just still gun shy over the Quade Green, Brandon Randolph recruitment. Arizona is def on a different level than Cuse but maybe with JB so active this summer it can help get recruitment back to where it needs to be.

I'm just still gun shy over the Quade Green, Brandon Randolph recruitment. Arizona is def on a different level than Cuse but maybe with JB so active this summer it can help get recruitment back to where it needs to be.
There were other factors that impacted those mentioned recruitments. We are still in good shape with Jalen.

There were other factors that impacted those mentioned recruitments. We are still in good shape with Jalen.

World Wide Wes is one factor.

The other has to do with a player on the current team I heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom