Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I have a different take. Miami was told it was Syracuse. What would they do? What did Syracuse do when they learned that green was going to Kentucky? They raced to philly to try and change his mind. Maybe that is what Miami is doing.

On the other hand, QG was going to SU the weekend before Monday at MSG with WWW in the front row

According to my sources, Carey Sr. is in favor of Syracuse, however he did set-up initial contact with Miami thru an ex asst. at UM who is is friends with.

End of the day, Jalen is making the decision, I say SU

he did predict a kid i am not familiar with Melo Eggleston to Syracuse (along with 50% of the others)/ who is this kid??

SF type from Baltimore area. We recruited him for a couple of years, but I think we lost interest. Believe he ended up at WF.

Correct Wake Forest

ko has been a head coach for 5 seasons. tale of the tape over those 5 years
  • jb 9 ncaa tournament wins, 2 final fours; 7 players drafted, 4 in the first round
  • ko 7 ncaa tournamen wins, 1 final four & title; 3 players drafted, 1 in the first round
  • larranaga 5 ncaa tournament wins, 0 final fours; 1 player drafted in the first round
syracuse coach is the most experienced, the most successful, the most successful in recent years, and has the best roster to play with going forward. jb's pitch: jalen, my team next year will feature 2 nba caliber players in bazley & sidibe along with a host of very talented support players. you join us and we are an instant national title contender and that immediately makes you a contender for a lottery selection.

no brainer.

I think the timing of the article about JB not leaving his son was published for a reason. IMO the negative recruiting strategies are still happening. Carey may be getting scared. I believe JB that he's not leaving. I hope Carey does, or we'll have another year with a subpar PG because we've made JC our top priority (eggs in one basket again).

It's not like the Miami coach isn't getting up there in age too...

I'm cautiously optimistic that Carey keeps his head screwed on and has trust in our staff.
Larranga is turning 68 years this October.

ko has been a head coach for 5 seasons. tale of the tape over those 5 years
  • jb 9 ncaa tournament wins, 2 final fours; 7 players drafted, 4 in the first round
  • ko 7 ncaa tournamen wins, 1 final four & title; 3 players drafted, 1 in the first round
  • larranaga 5 ncaa tournament wins, 0 final fours; 1 player drafted in the first round
syracuse coach is the most experienced, the most successful, the most successful in recent years, and has the best roster to play with going forward. jb's pitch: jalen, my team next year will feature 2 nba caliber players in bazley & sidibe along with a host of very talented support players. you join us and we are an instant national title contender and that immediately makes you a contender for a lottery selection.

no brainer.

If Sidibe is NBA caliber (I don't argue that) then Oshae is as well.

If Sidibe is NBA caliber (I don't argue that) then Oshae is as well.
we'll see . . . as of now I think he's a fringe candidate, someone who comes close and falls just short; 2nd round pick, camp invitee, g-league but ultimately an overseas player

There is plenty of time left until October 10 (or is it 11th?) decision date. Gonna be a roller coaster ride. Strap in boys!

There is plenty of time left until October 10 (or is it 11th?) decision date. Gonna be a roller coaster ride. Strap in boys!

I'm sure I'll get on board for the ride eventually, but I'm determined to not get stressed about this one and just see what happens on October 11th.

Nah, he's ours...
Actually, I have no clue, just always wanted to say that...:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom