Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

And the coaches probably leaked their "three deep" silliness to Zags. They did this with Walker last year. They were "four deep" for Walker at some game. But I cant imagine that's why Lonnie chose them... Zona had too many guards already. His dad thought that maybe he should get out of Philly, and Cuse dropped the ball (plus already had Battle at SG). ... are kids really impressed enough with this nonsense to make it the basis of their actual college decision?

This is all common knowledge I would think with Zagoria simply putting in a personal touch with the "three deep/four deep" moniker. One thing about Larannaga. If you watch any of his pressers or hear any interview of a player past or present; there is a father-figure role involved. You always hear about him being very involved in their lives, a mentor, and somebody who truly wants to know them off the court. I would think that is attractive for some of these parents and moms.

Last edited:
This is all common knowledge I would think with Zagoria simply putting in a personal touch with the "three deep/four deep" moniker. One thing about Larannaga. If you watch any of his pressers or hear any interview of a player past or present; there is a father-figure role involved. You always hear about him being very involved in their lives, a mentor, and somebody who truly wants to know them off the court. I would think that is attractive for some of these parents and moms.
I think Zags just really really wants the "3 to 4 deep" treatment himself. Just imagine if they brought some autographed balls to the visit...

So not like we all haven't kind of figured out based on the activity this week surrounding jalen that it's a cuse vs Miami battle but a respected poster that seems to have reputation of knowing what's up has basically said uconn isn't in the mix (he simply just said "next") but you know what I mean!

JB & Red currently checking out Jalen at Immaculate Conception and it's going well but Jalen didn't like JB's choice of khakis.

Yes, this is a parody post.

Yeah, the cuff AND the crease was too much for JC.

Pleated?

Please tell me he went flat front, not pleated.
Listen, I know that is important but at the end of the day, I just think what Khakis Jb wore won't have that great of a effect.

Larranaga seems like a real straight shooter. I wouldn't put it past the football program.
Also track, if I recall. The boosters run things down there.
2011_University_of_Miami_athletics_scandal

Larranaga seems like a real straight shooter. I wouldn't put it past the football program.

A lot of nice things said in this thread about Larranaga... funny thing is one of my friends was friends with a (former) member of his staff and that guy had nothing but bad things to say about Larranaga. Of course, it's second hand info, so I take it with a grain of salt.

This finally count uconn out of the running for carey?

Nope. This is a 2/3. Matthews is 6'7", helps bolster their class and makes the team more attractive.

Nope. This is a 2/3. Matthews is 6'7", helps bolster their class and makes the team more attractive.
If Larrier and Adams both stay next year they will be out of scholarships I believe

If Larrier and Adams both stay next year they will be out of scholarships I believe

Okay, thought he meant Matthews would take guard slot away from Carey.

Okay, thought he meant Matthews would take guard slot away from Carey.

Eh I guess I was thinking both scenarios...wasnt sure with who they have already if that would count carey out but also knew they were out of schollies unless they lose some guys after this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom