Class of 2019 - PG Jalen Lecque (NY/Brewster) to NBA | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Jalen Lecque (NY/Brewster) to NBA

How in the heck are from the Bronx and not follow SU in basketball. Really. Makes no damn sense. Any coach can take a five star player and get him drafted. Can these kids not see that. Wth are they watching. Love how Duke plays our D and fouls late game exactly like we do but K is a genius. I don’t understand this at all. Hey what if we rolled out a five pg, a five star sm, a five star c and added a few four stars to fill cracks. JB would be fired cause we don’t have ten championships. Bullshiat.

It sticks in my mind that David Thompson was measured at 48".

Although, I don't know what method was used to measure such things 45 years ago. Then there's the question of my mind.
Thompson was 42. Doctor Dunkenstein was 48 and Dennis Johnson's brother was a reported 50. This kid is not close.

Lecque only had 7 points, 2 assists, 2 boards, and this block in tonight's 1 point win vs. Team Final...

Last edited:
Jalen Lecque had 2 solid games today.. but Cole Anthony got the better of him in the head-to-head matchup...

Thompson was 42. Doctor Dunkenstein was 48 and Dennis Johnson's brother was a reported 50. This kid is not close.
According to theexercisers.com
View 15+ more
upload_2018-5-13_0-20-4.jpeg

Who Has The Highest Vertical Jump in NBA History?
  • Wilt Chamberlain – 48″ Wilt 'the Stilt' Chamberlain was one of the most dominant forces in NBA history. ...
  • Darrell Griffith – 48″
  • Michael Jordan – 46″ ...
  • Zach LaVine – 46″ ...
  • Jason Richardson – 46″
  • James White – 46″
  • Spud Webb – 46″ ...
  • Shannon Brown – 44.5″
theexercisers.com/how-to...vertical-jump/...vertical-jump/highest-vertical-jump-in-nba/

FWIW

I have some doubts about "the exercisers" veracity. For them to give credence to Gerald Green's picture and then say he has a 39" vertical doesn't add up (obviously). He is 6'7 and for him to have his head 6-7" above the rim would put him in the 48" range, not 39" as reports. I also recall 48" for him in HS.

I have some doubts about "the exercisers" veracity. For them to give credence to Gerald Green's picture and then say he has a 39" vertical doesn't add up (obviously). He is 6'7 and for him to have his head 6-7" above the rim would put him in the 48" range, not 39" as reports. I also recall 48" for him in HS.

No kidding and theres no chance at all that Wilt at his size was anywhere near the top. Imagine he wouldn't even be in the top 250.

Great athlete, terrible terrible shooter. I’m happy with Goodine.

Is that confirmed how terrible he is as a shooter generally? He’s still 5* for a reason I would think we or anybody would take him in a heartbeat. He has incredible explosiveness and is a terrific playmaker for himself and others.

Is that confirmed how terrible he is as a shooter generally? He’s still 5* for a reason I would think we or anybody would take him in a heartbeat. He has incredible explosiveness and is a terrific playmaker for himself and others.

I think he’s regressed. He was better last year in AAU. He’s 3-26 from 3 this season. I’m sick of guys who can shoot especially if they are here for just 1 year.

I think he’s regressed. He was better last year in AAU. He’s 3-26 from 3 this season. I’m sick of guys who can shoot especially if they are here for just 1 year.

Yeah I hear you. He’s still a guy you take no questions asked. He kills everybody not named Cole Anthony pretty much and Anthony is in another stratosphere. I see it like how Ben Howland took Jrue Holiday for a year and he shot around 30% from 3 that year. The team had a solid year with youth and made it into the Tourney as a 6 seed and not bubblelicious. PAC-12 was pretty strong that year with Washington/UA/ASU/USC all getting bids. They lost in the second round to a F4 Nova team and I think beat a good VCU team first round.

It’s just disappointing since I believe we were another ‘dream school’ mention from him once and that all went down the toilet. Fully aware that Goodine is a good player as well but he’s not Lecque, IMO.

Yeah I hear you. He’s still a guy you take no questions asked. He kills everybody not named Cole Anthony pretty much and Anthony is in another stratosphere. I see it like how Ben Howland took Jrue Holiday for a year and he shot around 30% from 3 that year. The team had a solid year with youth and made it into the Tourney as a 6 seed and not bubblelicious. PAC-12 was pretty strong that year with Washington/UA/ASU/USC all getting bids. They lost in the second round to a F4 Nova team and I think beat a good VCU team first round.

It’s just disappointing since I believe we were another ‘dream school’ mention from him once and that all went down the toilet. Fully aware that Goodine is a good player as well but he’s not Lecque, IMO.

Goodine player a lot better than Lecque this weekend. It wasn’t close. He averaged 24 on 45/52/86 and 4/4/2. Goodine may end up being higher rated.

Final 2 games in ATL...

3rd game (36 point loss against Cole and Cards): 9 points (1 for 2 from 3pt), 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, and 2 turnovers.

4th game (19 point loss to Woodz Elite): 9 points (0 for 2 from 3pt), 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, and 4 turnovers.

Not a great showcase of Lecque or the Rens this weekend.

It wasn't Jalen's best stats weekend, but he still had some nice highlights here in Atlanta. Take a peak...