Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dior is number 0 in black and J.J. is number 7 in white.

Man Dior is good! - I just hope he doesn't get a technical every time he taunts a kid - in a game he'd have fouled out a quarter through this video! Maybe this is just a pick-up type game - which it looks like it is but man - getting up in someone chest on every play? Love he is confident and man the crowd will go nuts every night - win or lose.

Where is Call playing next year? I know he isn't a D1 guy but he has some panache - great leaper, can shoot it...
I know he has a couple D2 offers but I don't think he's committed anyplace yet. I'm slightly surprised he doesn't have any real interest from MAAC or NEC schools. He definitely should have gotten out of Rome for high school or at least AAU. I'll have to ask my buddies from Rome if they know anything.

Dior is number 0 in black and J.J. is number 7 in white.

few comments on that video.

1. it’s a Dior highlight tape.
2. Dior taunted other players guarding him too. So I don’t think this tape is indicative of whether Dior and JJ get along.
3. Dior is probably the best sophomore in the country so comparing another sophomore to him isn’t really fair.

I'll be the one to say it. Dior is a great player, but seems like a jerk on that video.
You have to understand the atmosphere of it too.. these guys see each other all weekend. When you see what your upcoming competition is doing in those type of close quarters it’s natural to go after each other like that. Alpha Vs Alpha

I don’t see anything negative about how he was acting. That was mild stuff for pickup basketball. The kid is special, and he knows it. It will be refreshing to have a guard again that isn’t afraid of anyone, and wants to be the one to make a play. A Johnny Flynn type PG, but with the potential to be even better. May God bless me with a few more years to be able to watch this kid lead us to a special season.

Last edited:
That "taunting" was so tame compared to what you see in basically any high school or AAU game. I don't know Dior personally but that video wouldn't impact what I think of him as a person at all.

I dont know but me personally I don’t follow people on Instagram that I have beef with but they follow eschother

Is it basically a guarantee that if we get this guy his nickname will be “Agent Starling.”

Status
Not open for further replies.