Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ and Dior have had beef for about a year and a half now. They used to be best friends from what I know, but something happened after the summer of 8th grade. Then Dior went on Instagram last year where he posted a mixtape of him giving it to JJ at NYS Top 50, and I mean giving it to him. Dior was giving him straight buckets and locking JJ up. He tagged JJ in the post as a “clown”, “joke”, among other things. From what I remember all the City Rocks guys took Dior’s side, including Andre Jackson. Not sure if it’s been resolved but something to think about
Also, in my eyes it just shows the divide between Dior and the rest of the 2022 players. This kid is an absolute elite talent. There was a very clear difference between him and Starling. Starling is a top 50 player in this class. Crazy.

If there was an AAU season I believe Starling would have blew up this year. That said I don't understand how guys ranking changed with no AAU season.

JJ and Dior have had beef for about a year and a half now. They used to be best friends from what I know, but something happened after the summer of 8th grade. Then Dior went on Instagram last year where he posted a mixtape of him giving it to JJ at NYS Top 50, and I mean giving it to him. Dior was giving him straight buckets and locking JJ up. He tagged JJ in the post as a “clown”, “joke”, among other things. From what I remember all the City Rocks guys took Dior’s side, including Andre Jackson. Not sure if it’s been resolved but something to think about
Is this posted somewhere? My eyes would appreciate a viewing! Dior can be just salty!!

Dior is 0 in black and JJ is 7 in white. I dint know if it’s the exact vid Dior posted but you can see Dior getting on JJ a bit
Holy crap Dion is elite. Is there anything he can’t do?

Dior is 0 in black and JJ is 7 in white. I dint know if it’s the exact vid Dior posted but you can see Dior getting on JJ a bit
Oh yeah, I saw that before but thanks for posting! Man, that just looked personal! I'll preface this by saying that I'm not comparing him to MJ, but the way he makes it so personal, does remind me of MJ's intensity. Or maybe Westbrook's attitude?

First person that comes to mind when watching this is Eric Devendorf. Not because of a similar skill set, but by the fact that if Dior wasn’t on our team we would probably dislike him. Kid is gonna rub a lot of fan bases wrong during his one year on the hill.

First person that comes to mind when watching this is Eric Devendorf. Not because of a similar skill set, but by the fact that if Dior wasn’t on our team we would probably dislike him. Kid is gonna rub a lot of fan bases wrong during his one year on the hill.
I wouldn't like it even if he's on our team.

I've been waiting for some of this moxie. Since joining the ACC, I've hoped we could become the hated yankees. I think it would be a lot of fun and great for our branding. Guy getting national attention with "most hated" tattooed in huge letters could help that cause. Agree with jdubs that JG3 has it too. Think he's already made some enemies.

I don't understand why people like watching guys be obnoxious and disrespectful to others, whether it be Dior, JG3, or others. Everyone wants to be given respect, so why not be consistent and show that same respect to others?
It knocks them off their game. Don't expect others to respect you. Respect is earned.

it’s 2020 respect isn’t a thing anymore. You're gonnw get dogged or you’re doing the dogging lol

I don't understand why people like watching guys be obnoxious and disrespectful to others, whether it be Dior, JG3, or others. Everyone wants to be given respect, so why not be consistent and show that same respect to others?
conversely, i can't understand your discomfort. trash talking has been part of the game at every court i was ever on. and still today watching my son play and listening to him & his teammates & opponents chirp back and forth.

Dang. Legit stopped that video after 90-seconds and almost called the coroner for JJ. Don’t mean to dis the kid and I’m sure that wasn’t his best day.

Ok boomer
If showing respect to others depends on a certain age group, that's sad. I hope it's not the case. I often hear players complain about being disrespected. Can't have it both ways.

conversely, i can't understand your discomfort. trash talking has been part of the game at every court i was ever on. and still today watching my son play and listening to him & his teammates & opponents chirp back and forth.
I think there's a distinction between a little playful "trash talk" and getting in others faces. Not everyone is going to be as dignified as a Tim Duncan or David Robinson, but just follow the golden rule-Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.