Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNC's to lose, at this point in time.:(

Too bad, it sounds as if he's a smart kid. You'd think he would want to learn something other than basket weaving while he's in college.

UNC's to lose, at this point in time.:(

I'm not that worried about early projections, especially since he isn't even in 10th grade yet.

Remains to be seen how good he is, whether he'll continue to play at this level or plateau, etc.

Nothing against this kid, but there are lots of players who look like high-major prospects early who level off, and end up not being elite prospects.

If he does, then it sounds like UNC will be tough to beat out. But there's no guarantee that he'll remain a priority for them, especially if he tapers off -- lots could happen between now and two years from now.

Too bad, it sounds as if he's a smart kid. You'd think he would want to learn something other than basket weaving while he's in college.

You mean like Family Studies at SU. ;) For what it's worth, UNC at Chapel Hill is currently ranked 30th for national universities according to US News & World Report.

You mean like Family Studies at SU. ;) For what it's worth, UNC at Chapel Hill is currently ranked 30th for national universities according to US News & World Report.
UNC is obviously a very good school, but I think we are allowed to make fun of their approach to “educating” student athletes for at least five more years, but I would like to get a ruling on this from the judges.

Does he have an offer?
Not that he has told my son, but they haven't seen each other since June.
Not sure if they are Snapchat buddies or not. That said, he has told my son UNC is his favorite school.
That's now. A lot can change.

UNC is obviously a very good school, but I think we are allowed to make fun of their approach to “educating” student athletes for at least five more years, but I would like to get a ruling on this from the judges.
I'm not a judge, but I am an arbiter, and making fun of their approach to education is actually legitimate for a minimum of the next decade, at which point it reenters consideration.

Who was the last kid from Syracuse that we really wanted but didn't end up getting?

There hasn’t been an NBA all star from UNC since Vince Carter. Stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.