Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board will need a Chernobyl level scrubbing if this kid goes to Washington and Syracuse has interest in him.
It will be Chernobyl if goes anywhere but here unless it is to the pros

It will be Chernobyl if goes anywhere but here unless it is to the pros
If he goes to Duke, Kentucky or UNC atleast those are blue bloods.

If we lose a local player to Washington that is Chernobyl IMO.

If he goes to Duke, Kentucky or UNC atleast those are blue bloods.

If we lose a local player to Washington that is Chernobyl IMO.
Any other player yes, but a hometown blue chipper.....Chernobyl

Is Hop really trying to stick it to SU? JJ Starling was in 7th grade when Mike announced he was leaving for Washington. Starling didn’t even play varsity till 8th grade.
I’m gonna assume that by the time Starling heads to college, JB will be retired and Hop will be back at SU.

Is Hop really trying to stick it to SU? JJ Starling was in 7th grade when Mike announced he was leaving for Washington. Starling didn’t even play varsity till 8th grade.
I wouldn’t see it as “sticking it to SU” at all. Hop has forged relationships with the City Rocks AAU program that Starling plays for. Why wouldn’t he mine those to upgrade UW with the best talent he can bring in? He’s not supposed to pursue him out of respect for SU/JB?

This is major college sports recruiting. I’d honestly lose some respect for Hop if he didn’t pursue him.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t see it as “sticking it to SU” at all. Hop has forged relationships with the City Rocks AAU program that Starling plays for. Why wouldn’t he mine those to upgrade UW with the best talent he can bring in? He’s not supposed to pursue him out of respect for SU/JB?

This is major college sports recruiting. I’d honestly lose some respect for Hop if he didn’t pursue him.

Might be more City Rocks kids on Washington than Syracuse at this point.

Might be more City Rocks kids on Washington than Syracuse at this point.
Buddy and Godard at Cuse. Wright Stewart and Carter at UW. Drumgoole (sp) to Pitt. Torrence to Marquette. AJax to UConn. 8 High D1 recruits from the Rocks in last 2.5 years and we have 2 - 1 being the coaches son. That program has not provided us any advantages w out hop around would love to have Stewart and Torrence on this team. symir over Goodine. A true pg and a beast center!

Buddy and Godard at Cuse. Wright Stewart and Carter at UW. Drumgoole (sp) to Pitt. Torrence to Marquette. AJax to UConn. 8 High D1 recruits from the Rocks in last 2.5 years and we have 2 - 1 being the coaches son. That program has not provided us any advantages w out hop around would love to have Stewart and Torrence on this team. symir over Goodine. A true pg and a beast center!

If this doesn't show a recruiting issue I do not know what will.

I hope this kid is a pure PG we could use the depth there. Good job GMac showing this kid love now helps develop the bond.

I would signup for Brandon Triche 2.0 from Starling anyone know if their games are similar?

I hope this kid is a pure PG we could use the depth there. Good job GMac showing this kid love now helps develop the bond.

I would signup for Brandon Triche 2.0 from Starling anyone know if their games are similar?
FYI, the B'ville-West Genesee game is streaming on NFHS Network right now (subscription required). Link:

I See him more of a scoring guard. Good three point shooter and he’s averaging 30 points a game.

I remember a few months back there was a lot of tension going back and forth with Dior Johnson and J.J. on social media, multiple posts that Instagram calling each other out. I find it very unlikely that those two ever play with each other in college. Just something to think about if we were to land one of the two, the other would likely not be coming.

I remember a few months back there was a lot of tension going back and forth with Dior Johnson and J.J. on social media, multiple posts that Instagram calling each other out. I find it very unlikely that those two ever play with each other in college. Just something to think about if we were to land one of the two, the other would likely not be coming.
lol Believe me when I tell you that would be the least of our problems. Both are terrific players and it would be wonderful if we could land one of them.

If this doesn't show a recruiting issue I do not know what will.
Stewart and Jackson the only two we wanted that we didn’t get. Torrance will be a nice player but averaging 1 point a game and doing nothing. Goodine will be better than him and Joe G is light years better.
Cuse

certainly there are but city rocks players going elsewhere aren’t misses if we didn’t want them.

I look at it differently. Stewart going out west the one we did want, then seeing other City Rocks players going out there, getting time, growing as players, and having success will speak volumes to that AAU program which will lead players to that program rather than the one a thruway drive away.

Status
Not open for further replies.