Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that. It’s going to be an interesting recruitment. Has to be tough to recruit a kid when JB may not be the coach when you show up.

But the young, up and comer Roy Williams is sure to still be at UNCheat. :rolleyes:

Ugh is right, UNC. This will likely be the next backyard high level recruit that "just wanted to get away."

But the young, up and comer Roy Williams is sure to still be at UNCheat. :rolleyes:

He probably will be. Jb won’t if he hangs them up after buddy graduates.

Ugh is right, UNC. This will likely be the next backyard high level recruit that "just wanted to get away."

He’s been a unc fan since he was younger for some reason. If he went there it won’t be just to get away.

He probably will be. Jb won’t if he hangs them up after buddy graduates.

Absolutely nothing is certain about either of those statements.

It’s also 100% true for any and every D1 coach -
no way to guarantee they’ll still be there 2-3 years from now.
For many reasons.

Absolutely nothing is certain about either of those statements.

It’s also 100% true for any and every D1 coach -
no way to guarantee they’ll still be there 2-3 years from now.
For many reasons.

Of course nothing is certain. That’s why I said it’ll be an interesting recruitment. He just finished his freshman season so he has 3 years to go. How will jb frame things to him as time goes by when the assumption by many is that jb coaches till Buddy is done.

It should be a fun year again Liverpool and West Genny are solid. Henniger has everyone back and added two good transfers. Ludden should be interesting. Jai Smith is the most physically gifted player and should get consistent minutes this year. Not sure the level at the event but seems to be players from all over the country. Smith was ranked 8th overall.
BASKETBALL SPOTLIGHT NEWS: Basketball Spotlight Class Of 2021 Top 100 National Player Rankings
There’s a lot of N.Y. and northeast kids on the 2021 list.

Of course nothing is certain. That’s why I said it’ll be an interesting recruitment. He just finished his freshman season so he has 3 years to go. How will jb frame things to him as time goes by when the assumption by many is that jb coaches till Buddy is done.

ASSUMPTION being the operative word.

JB may end up coaching Buddy’s sons for all we know.

JB’s 9 game suspension was a glimpse of what his post-coaching career might be like, and Juli is on record saying he hated it.

He’s been a coach for the entirety of his adult life. It’s who he is.

I wouldn’t be so quick to make assumptions about when he’s going to hang them up.

I’ll bet that one of K or Roy is done before JB is.
(and I really think he’s going to outlast them both)

JB’s 9 game suspension was a glimpse of what his post-coaching career might be like, and Juli is on record saying he hated it.

I wouldn’t be so quick to make assumptions about when he’s going to hang them up.

Zombie Boeheim has been a joke on this board for years but it might actually happen!

Jai Smith left Ludden this past year for St Thomas Prep school in Connecticut. His only offer noted so far is Rutgers. Haven’t heard anything about him this year on the recruiting front nor how he’s doing. Still listed as a 2 Star prospect the same as when he was at Ludden after his freshman year.

It’s an assumption to us, or not. But what does he tell JJ? That won’t be an assumption. Kids want to know who will be coaching them. You’re making this too hard.

He’s been a unc fan since he was younger for some reason. If he went there it won’t be just to get away.

Maybe the 'some' reason is enjoying their style of play, up and down the floor, etc. vs. the last 5-6 years of rock fights. One natty in the past couple of years or so, and another should've been. May also like the way that UNC simply has had its way with SU for the most part, since being in the ACC. Those may be some of the reasons. :(

It’s an assumption to us, or not. But what does he tell JJ? That won’t be an assumption. Kids want to know who will be coaching them. You’re making this too hard.

The only one making this too hard is you.

EVERY COACH EVERYWHERE recruits like they plan to continue being there in future years.
Or else it would be impossible to recruit at all.

The only one making this too hard is you.

EVERY COACH EVERYWHERE recruits like they plan to continue being there in future years.
Or else it would be impossible to recruit at all.

We’ll see in a couple years and JJ has to start making decisions what JB tells him when asked if he is stepping down next year when buddy graduates. JBs situation is not like every coach everywhere even if you put it in caps.

We’ll see in a couple years and JJ has to start making decisions what JB tells him when asked if he is stepping down next year when buddy graduates. JBs situation is not like every coach everywhere even if you put it in caps.

Sigh.

The only people ascribing some magical correlation between Buddy’s college career end and JB’s -
are you and other fans.

He’s never said that. Not once.
He has said he’s excited about coaching his son.

What are the other elder statesmen ACC coaches telling their recruits, that would be one iota different than what JB would?

Why would Boeheim & Syracuse have this unique issue, when K, Roy, Hamilton & Laranaga do not?

Meet the 2018-19 All-Central New York boys basketball teams

JJ Starling (Baldwinsville)
Class: Freshman
Position: Point guard

What's next? N/A

Best moment of the season: After losing to Nottingham by a lot, we all came together the next game and played our best brand of basketball on both sides of the ball. We had one of our best defensive games and offensive games that night against C-NS.

Who inspires you? My brother Tyler inspires me because he works so hard in life fighting with an illness called sickle cell. He had to give up sports at an early age, therefore, passing his love of sports to me. I feel as if I gotta work 10 times harder than the next person because my brother did that for me.

What's your go-to warm-up song? "Every Season" by Roddy Rich

The last thing you say before taking the court: "GAME TIME BABY! LETS GET THIS DUB!"

681_20190324boyshoops011.jpeg

He looks smooth and polished for a freshmen in high school. He looks comfortable and very poised. UNC will be getting a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.