Class of 2017 - PG Jordan Walker (NJ) Transfer from Seton Hall to Tulane | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Jordan Walker (NJ) Transfer from Seton Hall to Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseMan4

Starter
Watching the Hoop Hall classic, 2017 kid, only 5-9/5-10 but this controlled the whole game. Almost a triple double, 17pts 11asts 8 rebounds, was great on defense and is extremely quick. Not going to be our lead guard but would be a great rotation guard. Is being looked at by LSU, Indiana, VCU and quite a few other good programs. WORTH THE LOOK, possibility he preps and becomes 2018 as well but if we offer him I think we become the favorites.

Looked at some of his videos. Impressive athlete, extremely quick. Most of his clips are scoring, which we will definitively need. Curious to see him distribute more, but on the other hand what other options do we have. Send an offer!

Watching the Hoop Hall classic, 2017 kid, only 5-9/5-10 but this controlled the whole game. Almost a triple double, 17pts 11asts 8 rebounds, was great on defense and is extremely quick. Not going to be our lead guard but would be a great rotation guard. Is being looked at by LSU, Indiana, VCU and quite a few other good programs. WORTH THE LOOK, possibility he preps and becomes 2018 as well but if we offer him I think we become the favorites.

CuseMan4, you should send that info to someone on the coaching staff, via email. Can't hurt. Whether they follow up or not is on them.

CuseMan4, you should send that info to someone on the coaching staff, via email. Can't hurt. Whether they follow up or not is on them.
I can almost assure you between either Autry or Gmac someone was watching the game on TV and this kids recruiting has picked up over the last few weeks, I would be very surprised if we don't make a move here especially after today

I can almost assure you between either Autry or Gmac someone was watching the game on TV and this kids recruiting has picked up over the last few weeks, I would be very surprised if we don't make a move here especially after today

Probably, but being proactive doesn't hurt!

Obviously, at this size, he doesn't appear to fit our system on paper. But he seems a lot better than his ranking, and we are in desperate need of quality backcourt depth.

Probably, but being proactive doesn't hurt!

Obviously, at this size, he doesn't appear to fit our system on paper. But he seems a lot better than his ranking, and we are in desperate need of quality backcourt depth.
It makes so much sense to go after this kid, he is the exact type of guard Hop wants in his system when he takes over, quick, scrappy guards...

This is just crazy to me, seems like we should just send offers to every available PG and say "first two to bring them back is Orange."

This is just crazy to me, seems like we should just send offers to every available PG and say "first two to bring them back is Orange."

Why not it looks like we will get a Duarte as a 2G and possibly Ayala as well. Even with them we still need PG's.

This kid is good and plays for a great high school program. The only knock is his size, he's 5-10 and around 160. Not saying he is going to be the next Russ Smith but he went into Louisville his freshman year at 5-10 140...Walker is extremely quick with good handles enough to run an offense which we need.

This kid is good and plays for a great high school program. The only knock is his size, he's 5-10 and around 160. Not saying he is going to be the next Russ Smith but he went into Louisville his freshman year at 5-10 140...Walker is extremely quick with good handles enough to run an offense which we need.

Not knocking him, but at this point it's getting foolish about getting excited about a PG until the contract is signed.

We need as many contingency plans behind him and other guys we're targeting.

Not sure if this program a couple of years with Howard at the helm. Otherwise I hope Battle is going to be practicing the point.

The kid isnt even ranked by any of the major recruiting services. His only high major offers are Georgia, Kansas State and Seton Hall. Come on you can't be serious. Just because he had one good game don't suggest this guy should be offered a scholarship. I mean he could be a serious sleeper but I find it hard to believe every high major has missed on this guy. Putting Battle at the point ala G would probably be a better option. We need backcourt help but we shouldn't just go after a guy because he's there he has to make sense. This guy doesn't fit our system and isn't good enough for high div 1. Get back to posting about serious recruits.

Verbal Commits

Walker plans to take a prep year and is being recruited in the 2018 class. If Hop is truly about the no 100% zone life, then there is no reason why we shouldn't show interest here.
Yeah he was planning but the interview after he was naming all those schools that are recruiting him for 2017 so should be interesting

The kid isnt even ranked by any of the major recruiting services. His only high major offers are Georgia, Kansas State and Seton Hall. Come on you can't be serious. Just because he had one good game don't suggest this guy should be offered a scholarship. I mean he could be a serious sleeper but I find it hard to believe every high major has missed on this guy. Putting Battle at the point ala G would probably be a better option. We need backcourt help but we shouldn't just go after a guy because he's there he has to make sense. This guy doesn't fit our system and isn't good enough for high div 1. Get back to posting about serious recruits.

Verbal Commits
Had a couple 30+ point games and 10+ assist games, he does it often not a fluke...and doesn't fit the system? Hop is planning on changing the system

Had a couple 30+ point games and 10+ assist games, he does it often not a fluke...and doesn't fit the system? Hop is planning on changing the system
He might be a late bloomer but coming from the Patrick school you would have to assume he would have gotten a few more offers from top programs if he warranted it. It not like he's playing for a school no one has ever heard of in the middle of nowhere. It's one of the top programs in the country everyone knows who they are and who he is. He'll end up having a good career at a mid major but that's about it. There are better options out there that's why he's not getting the type of attention you think he deserves.

He might be a late bloomer but coming from the Patrick school you would have to assume he would have gotten a few more offers from top programs if he warranted it. It not like he's playing for a school no one has ever heard of in the middle of nowhere. It's one of the top programs in the country everyone knows who they are and who he is. He'll end up having a good career at a mid major but that's about it. There are better options out there that's why he's not getting the type of attention you think he deserves.
Yeah exactly...he is a late bloomer within the last few weeks he has started hearing from Indiana, LSU, VCU and a few other high majors and good mid majors. He's good and teams are taking notice.

Can SU afford to diss another "Jelly Fam" member?;)
upload_2017-1-16_19-28-38.jpeg

One thing I dislike about this kid is his height. I know we have had small guards do well here, but Gillon has proven that it is tough for someone 5'10 to finish against the big boys. Flynn is the exception, but doubt this kid has half of Flynn's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom