Class of 2025 - PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) Offered

Bruh
Regular Season Reaction GIF by NBA

What a damn disappointment when word was that we were gonna be getting a visit. What’s the rush here? Also why is Virginia in contention? They’re so boring. Why would he want to play there? They score like 50ppg and run the slowest offense in the country. This kid is fast and should be at an uptempo program.

Portal PG is gonna be the path it seems for 25. Just lets get Kiyan then Shon or Ryder and knock it out in the portal
Yep, if we get those three freshmen and then a really good portal PG, we are all good.

I'm absolutely stunned that we whiffed on another PG class. Autry learned from the best of them.
Nah, JB whiffed with no portal. Red went all in with a better PG. It's unfortunate because Tillery would be a nice get. But, we can get a portal PG

What a damn disappointment when word was that we were gonna be getting a visit. What’s the rush here? Also why is Virginia in contention? They’re so boring. Why would he want to play there? They score like 50ppg and run the slowest offense in the country. This kid is fast and should be at an uptempo program.
He’s getting pressured from the schools to make a decision since they are recruiting other guards too

Unsure if there was any interest either way, but that said, I think is a big miss, especially because these programs are peers, at best.
I would never question going to UVa. The academics speak for themselves. Wake Forest was perennially a top 30 school, but dropped recently. Both have great campuses.
Cincy is a real outlier here. Different conference and campus type.

We might whiff on the forwards we’ve been recruiting too. Theres no guarantees with the only two left.

Tillery should have been our primary target from the start. Not saying that Acaden or Easter shouldn't have been in the mix, but those type of higher ranked players get an offer from us very early and as kids they are excited. But as time passes, they get even better and wait for the late to the game blue blood schools to offer. While we are fighting to get back to being a blue blood, we have to realize it's not going to happen overnight. Coaches, handlers, top flight schools are always going to talk us down to the recruit (record/success in the tournament in recent history, players in the league, etc.) if the kid doesn't already know.

NIL can only do so much to get a top flight recruit. I came to that realization by watching a podcast yesterday where Rich Paul was asked if Texas A&M threw a ton of money at a kid who has an option of going to Duke for less money what should he do? Rich said without a doubt, if you are trying to get to the NBA, it would be foolish to get enticed by the quick money and not go to Duke. They have a history of putting guys in the league, and that history is going to help even a questionable/marginal player, and Duke has so many connections and guys within the NBA, and the brotherhood in reality is really strong.

Our strategy should still be to offer the best but always keep a solid under the radar player in the picture. Tillery will now end up at a school comparable to our program, the guys I mentioned at blue blood schools, and we are empty handed. Yes, we have no choice now to go to the portal, and might be better off if we get a solid experienced player going that route, but the guys who are still out there (Kiyan, Shon etc.) might be apprehensive if we don't have a pg in the fold who is responsible for running the team.

Like most on this board, I have questions about Tyler Jackson, but we have no choice but to go after him aggressively, if he is still interested. We can still get a pg from the portal and develop Jackson while playing him in 3 guard rotations.

PG recruiting still seems to be an issue on the surface. Might have to go the stop gap route through the portal again or flip a guy late in the cycle during coach canning season at the end of the year.

Like most on this board, I have questions about Tyler Jackson, but we have no choice but to go after him aggressively, if he is still interested.
If the staff thinks Jackson isn't an ACC-caliber player, they should not and will not pursue him.

Many still think the portal is for 'one year' rentals; if a player has a great freshman season elsewhere, they can still be your PG of the future with multiple years of eligibility remaining.

There are numerous avenues roster construction can now take. They will be fine.

Well, I’ll be the outlier here. I’m not as sold on Tillery as everyone else seems to be. This board likes him more than Jackson, but the services not so much. I’m more disappointed we whiffed on Jemison.
2 4 7 has Tillery as the 6th rated pg right behind Lewis and has Jackson 11th.

ESPN has Tillery 49th overall and Jackson 58.

Jackson is not even listed as a PG for ON3 which I agree with.

Rivals is the only service that ranks Jackson higher.

Tillery should have been our primary target from the start. Not saying that Acaden or Easter shouldn't have been in the mix, but those type of higher ranked players get an offer from us very early and as kids they are excited. But as time passes, they get even better and wait for the late to the game blue blood schools to offer. While we are fighting to get back to being a blue blood, we have to realize it's not going to happen overnight. Coaches, handlers, top flight schools are always going to talk us down to the recruit (record/success in the tournament in recent history, players in the league, etc.) if the kid doesn't already know.

NIL can only do so much to get a top flight recruit. I came to that realization by watching a podcast yesterday where Rich Paul was asked if Texas A&M threw a ton of money at a kid who has an option of going to Duke for less money what should he do? Rich said without a doubt, if you are trying to get to the NBA, it would be foolish to get enticed by the quick money and not go to Duke. They have a history of putting guys in the league, and that history is going to help even a questionable/marginal player, and Duke has so many connections and guys within the NBA, and the brotherhood in reality is really strong.

Our strategy should still be to offer the best but always keep a solid under the radar player in the picture. Tillery will now end up at a school comparable to our program, the guys I mentioned at blue blood schools, and we are empty handed. Yes, we have no choice now to go to the portal, and might be better off if we get a solid experienced player going that route, but the guys who are still out there (Kiyan, Shon etc.) might be apprehensive if we don't have a pg in the fold who is responsible for running the team.

Like most on this board, I have questions about Tyler Jackson, but we have no choice but to go after him aggressively, if he is still interested. We can still get a pg from the portal and develop Jackson while playing him in 3 guard rotations.
Tillery didn’t pick Bluebloods. Also, there were reports he just wasn’t that into us. Not everyone wants to stay home.
There were also reports that Red told Tilery’s coach that we didn’t Tillery was good enough. If true, why would he give us a chance?
Who knows how it turns out.
We didn’t get Boo Harvey, so we scrambled and landed Sherman Douglas.
Many thought the sky was falling when Micheal Lloyd left, but we had unheralded Lazarus Sims.
Only Davidson offered Steph Curry.
Successful PG play is about leadership, on court intelligence, and team chemistry as much as it is about pure talent.

Tillery didn’t pick Bluebloods. Also, there were reports he just wasn’t that into us. Not everyone wants to stay home.
There were also reports that Red told Tilery’s coach that we didn’t Tillery was good enough. If true, why would he give us a chance?
Who knows how it turns out.
We didn’t get Boo Harvey, so we scrambled and landed Sherman Douglas.
Many thought the sky was falling when Micheal Lloyd left, but we had unheralded Lazarus Sims.
Only Davidson offered Steph Curry.
Successful PG play is about leadership, on court intelligence, and team chemistry as much as it is about pure talent.

Relying on outliers isn't a good strategy.

Highlighted part, exactly.

Maybe the "brotherhood" part is goofy, but they have a million guys in the NBA, I think three with their own sneaker, I think their total contracts value = over a billion dollars and, at least before Scheyer, had an elite coach. Scheyer is still TBD if he's good.

And, btw, if Rich Paul is saying this on a podcast, can you imagine what he is saying to the recruits behind the scenes?

Highlighted part, exactly.

Maybe the "brotherhood" part is goofy, but they have a million guys in the NBA, I think three with their own sneaker, I think their total contracts value = over a billion dollars and, at least before Scheyer, had an elite coach. Scheyer is still TBD if he's good.

And, btw, if Rich Paul is saying this on a podcast, can you imagine what he is saying to the recruits behind the scenes?

Meanwhile if A and M is pushing more money than Duke it’s not much more anyway.

I think we all have to realize too that Red has to prove he can put a winning program on the court. Obviously over time things improve with a coaching staff if they are going about it mostly the right way but you have to show that you matter nationally again and aren’t just a middle of the road power 4 program.

Hurley didn’t get kids to buy in right away recruiting wise. He had some rough years getting his whole program built and even if he had a bigger task given the struggles under Ollie the general rules of proving it still apply.

Fair or not Red has to make hay with this years team and paint a vision of the program that kids can latch onto.