Class of 2017 - PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC

Devin Brennan-McBride

Doyin Akintobe-Adeyeye

Paschal Chukwu-Rudygobert

It'd be nice to sneak MAL away late, but I still think he chooses Providence.

Billy Celuck is better defensively than Taurean will ever be. No joke.
A little early to say that. Yes, Thompson was dreadful this year. But a lot of sophs improve If they want to.

"Makai Ashton-Langford, a high four-star guard out of the New England region, backed off his commitment to UConn, asking the Huskies' staff for his release.

Now back on the market, Ashton-Langford becomes one of the top available prospects in the 2017 class. Before Ashton-Langford committed to UConn in the fall, others such as Syracuse, Kansas and Louisville were in the hunt. Each has landed a guard since then, though KU has remained in pursuit of point guards this spring; it would likely ramp attention back up with the Brewster Academy guard. Syracuse could do just the same, and Duke could follow suit.

However, for the Providence fans out there, it would seem like Ed Cooley’s program might be the likely landing spot for Ashton-Langford. The Friars were in his final two the first time around, and given that they would absolutely love to add a point guard this spring and already developed rapport with Ashton-Langford and his camp, it looks like they are in strong position here for the top-50 guard."

It'd be nice to sneak MAL away late, but I still think he chooses Providence.

Likes Lville a lot too.

Sounds like we're focusing on Ayala. Hard to imagine a scenario in which we get MAL.

Staff is on the clock. Absolutely crucial they land a quality PG and a shooter for next year. Not one of the two -- but both. They can kiss the year goodbye if not.

So we wait.

Not that I ever did have the warm fuzzy feeling that we would land ayala like some on here seem to have but with the new offer from Oregon we better be pursuing all the best available options to us...dang it it ticks me off that we only recruit our certain areas but now we have to worry about the likes of Oregon etc recruiting our guys. Hopefully the all eggs in one basket thing we learned from and we are aggressive in trying to get someone like MAL

Not that I ever did have the warm fuzzy feeling that we would land ayala like some on here seem to have but with the new offer from Oregon we better be pursuing all the best available options to us...dang it it ticks me off that we only recruit our certain areas but now we have to worry about the likes of Oregon etc recruiting our guys. Hopefully the all eggs in one basket thing we learned from and we are aggressive in trying to get someone like MAL
Some of these elite level kids will get upwards of 15 offers - doesn't mean there is interest on the other side. Kevin Ollie offers pretty much everyone.

No. We will have a coach at Brewster.
I'm going to take a wild guess that he isn't 72 years old... Sending assistants up against head coaches is getting kinda old...

Glad we can find a way to complain about absolutely every single thing. Even imagined stuff. My god.
Hey, maybe he's no Calipari, but Cooley can recruit. It's not like NH is that far away, would like to see some of this renewed energy from our HC that I've been hearing so much about...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom