Class of 2019 - PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY)

Mika and Ludden ended their season tonight, losing by 8 to Henniger. Mika finished with 15 points, and a couple really flashy plays. The thing about Mika is every single point came out of the offense. There was hardly any fast break points, garbage buckets, or simply clear out and go head to head. Personally I felt he should have den far more sagger sauce, but that's just not the style Donnelly plays. I do wish he was unleashed a bit because I got the feeling he could take his guy off the dribble whenever he needed too. One thing is certain, and it's that he is learning how a point guard is supposed to run an offense. I think in time he will get a better feel for when he needs to be more assertive and take over the game. He needs to continue to bulk up, but he has all the makings of a very good prospect.

Here's write-up of the game too -http://highschoolsports.syracuse.com/news/article/5434294919102644379/romero-collier-exerts-his-will-proves-why-hes-mr-clutch-in-leading-henninger-to-title/

FWIW, my Ludden contacts tell me MAW struggles in the classroom. A lot. As a Ludden grad, I can tell you that the school has a lot of resources available to ensure that students make the grade.

FWIW, my Ludden contacts tell me MAW struggles in the classroom. A lot. As a Ludden grad, I can tell you that the school has a lot of resources available to ensure that students make the grade.

You mind me asking what class you are? You can PM if prefer.

I Believe That We Will Win!

I don't care what anyone says the Bishop Ludden student section started that chant. I remember going to varsity games when I was in 8th grade and they were doing that chant. That's over 20 years ago. The story they made up during the World Cup where it originated was total BS.

I don't care what anyone says the Bishop Ludden student section started that chant. I remember going to varsity games when I was in 8th grade and they were doing that chant. That's over 20 years ago. The story they made up during the World Cup where it originated was total BS.
All I know is that the first time I heard it was at a girls' sectional final vs. Westhill my senior year. The Ludden girls lost, but it wasn't for lack of support from the student section, I can guarantee.

Little update here

Met mika earlier this wk. honestly had never heard of him or knew anything about him. Then he pulled up the previously posted highlight reel of himself. Hey if I was 15 and had a highlight reel I would do the something. Hell im 30 and would pull up a highlight reel if I had one. Anyways back on topic. Super nice kid. Very personable. College wise he said he has been invited to Clemson, Stanford and washingtons camps this summer. Is likely going to go to 2 of them. I asked about su. He just smiled and said he's buddies w jb's kids and he loves the dome.

Who is the Guard that transferred from Nottingham to West Genny

Saw him play last week - Ludden - CBA game. Ludden won by about 12 points. Luckily we got there early and had a decent seat. It ended up being a packed standing room only crowd. The kid is very savvy. Great ball handling skills - uses both hands, creates for others and himself whether driving, shooting the 3 or taking the short jumper. He had 37 points in the game I watched, 15 points from 3. I don't know if he missed 5 shots all night. He even makes his free throws. CBA pressed full court, double teamed and even triple teamed him. They switched defenses from man to man, box and one, numerous different zones, in attempt to contain him to no avail.

Last year he was surrounded by more size , experience and talent. Most of the team graduated so he's leading a young inexperienced Ludden team. He's very slender and at times was guarded by his close friend Charlie Pride of CBA who also is a good player (also a sophomore) but not as dominating, skilled overall as Adams-Woods. Pride was taller I think it may be a stretch saying Adams-Woods is 6'2. Mika is an impressive young man and if he plays for Donnelly, he has to defend. He plays AAU ball for Albany City Rocks. Wonder if SU has any serious interest? Supposedly he's already been offered as a soph by East Carolina and George Washington.

Saw him play last week - Ludden - CBA game. Ludden won by about 12 points. Luckily we got there early and had a decent seat. It ended up being a packed standing room only crowd. The kid is very savvy. Great ball handling skills - uses both hands, creates for others and himself whether driving, shooting the 3 or taking the short jumper. He had 37 points in the game I watched, 15 points from 3. I don't know if he missed 5 shots all night. He even makes his free throws. CBA pressed full court, double teamed and even triple teamed him. They switched defenses from man to man, box and one, numerous different zones, in attempt to contain him to no avail.

Last year he was surrounded by more size , experience and talent. Most of the team graduated so he's leading a young inexperienced Ludden team. He's very slender and at times was guarded by his close friend Charlie Pride of CBA who also is a good player (also a sophomore) but not as dominating, skilled overall as Adams-Woods. Pride was taller I think it may be a stretch saying Adams-Woods is 6'2. Mika is an impressive young man and if he plays for Donnelly, he has to defend. He plays AAU ball for Albany City Rocks. Wonder if SU has any serious interest? Supposedly he's already been offered as a soph by East Carolina and George Washington.

I asked Mike Lindsley on his radio show what he thought about Mika as he did the play by play last night for his game against JD. He basically gave an unimpressed response to my question. I'm sure that once the big programs get wind of Lindsley's less than high opinion of his game,they will all back off.

Lindsey is wrong if he said that. Don't forget this kid is a true sophomore. Many of the national players in his class are a year older then him.
Trust me...my post was full sarcasm. It was a hack at Lindsley who is a clown that somehow has been handed a microphone.

Trust me...my post was full sarcasm. It was a hack at Lindsley who is a clown that somehow has been handed a microphone.

Lindsley also said we would lose by 30 to Duke...

Syracuse has interest. Hop attended a pre-season workout. Rubber will meet the road when he goes up against top level competition in the Nike EYBL.. I for one think he will do well.

Mika may end up being the best player to ever come out of Ludden surpassing one of my former teammate, and friend Pat Campolieta. Another thing about Mika is that playing for coach Donnelly, he will be mentally prepared to play at the next level. From a personal aspect I know that is an advantage I had when I went on to play college ball. imo I always thought if Coach Donnelly decided he wanted to coach at the college level, he would have been just as successful at that level as well.

I was thinking of going to the Ludden-CBA game you went to. Some of the most fun i've ever had in my life was playing in that rivalry. 3 years of varsity, and 9 Ludden-CBA games. Each one was crazy intense, and filled to capacity. Definitely ended CBA's season my Jr. and Sr. season too .

Back to Mika...one landing spot for him to watch for if he doesn't end up as a High D1 prospect is Colgate.

I asked Mike Lindsley on his radio show what he thought about Mika as he did the play by play last night for his game against JD. He basically gave an unimpressed response to my question. I'm sure that once the big programs get wind of Lindsley's less than high opinion of his game,they will all back off.
He doesn't know anything about anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom