Class of 2019 - PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY)

I have no issue with us not pursuing, but it will be interesting to follow his career.

I wonder if we'll regret not bringing him in down the road.

Why do you say that? Because he's local? If he could play at this level, he'd have gotten an offer. He's a mid major level player.

Why do you say that? Because he's local? If he could play at this level, he'd have gotten an offer. He's a mid major level player.

Why do I say what -- that I have no issue with us not pursuing?

I have no issue with us not pursuing, but it will be interesting to follow his career.

I wonder if we'll regret not bringing him in down the road.

People on this board clamor for the mythical “natural point guard”, well here was one. I do believe that he’s a better fit with tournament calibre smaller programs like UB and SBU/Iona, though.

I’d think because he’s proven himself as a successful facilitator for a monster AAU offense against top 100 talent, and plays d.

He’ll be a good 4 year player for a smaller program, hopefully sees March each year.

I’d think because he’s proven himself as a successful facilitator for a monster AAU offense against top 100 talent, and plays d.

He’ll be a good 4 year player for a smaller program, hopefully sees March each year.

Again, if he could play at this level, his best offer wouldn't be Nebraska. No knock on the kid, but some posters are too attached to local products.

Again, if he could play at this level, his best offer wouldn't be Nebraska. No knock on the kid, but some posters are too attached to local products.
Understood and I’m not going to argue with you. I just think he has undervalued facilitator/defensive skills that’ll translate to a high level with his length and size.

Not necessarily SU calibre per say but I’m surprised GTech/Uconn/BC etc. weren’t larger presences here.

Wow how tone deaf is that comment? And yeah, good call Coach to point out how much money you're making to be mediocre.
When did we, as a country, lose our sense of humor. I think it stems a lot from the fact that twitter, texting, etc., has no nuance. There are no visual or audio (often) clues as to the true intent of the comment, especially when it is ingested by secondary consumers.

When did we, as a country, lose our sense of humor. I think it stems a lot from the fact that twitter, texting, etc., has no nuance. There are no visual or audio (often) clues as to the true intent of the comment, especially when it is ingested by secondary consumers.
Some truth there. But, on paper, it sure "sounds" bad.

Except that this was spoken on a podcast, so pretty sure the nuance was picked up. Even if he meant it jokingly, as a coach it sounds like he doesn't care. A better response could have been, that he and his staff are going to work their butts off, and if he is fired, he'll take it in stride and move on. He could've chosen his words differently. Unfortunately, since he has a platform, his comments will be judged. It's kind of part of the gig.

But I 100% agree that we, as a society, have completely lost our sense of humor, and it is terribly sad. As someone who speaks in permanent sarcasm, I am seeing this more and more as time goes on.

Serious question, why would he go to SU? Next year we have Carey, Buddy, Goodine, Girard and Washington. The staff chose to recruit Goodine over Mika, which is understandable, I wouldn’t advise him to go to SU. He will be one of the higher rated unsigned point guard. There are better situations out there for him. No need to come to a place were only three guards play and there are already 5 signed up for next season.

Last edited:
Who doesn't want to play for the Mayor?

latest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors