Class of 2019 - PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY)

I doubt we’re throwing our hats in the ring but I will say this board’s severely underrated this kid. He smoothly operated one of the best AAU teams in the country and picked up the higher level scorers on defense that JGIII matched up poorly with. At least thats the impression I got from more extensively watching City Rocks.

Da Bulls.

Da Bulls don't want to play for anyone at this point. John Paxson is the worst executive to somehow still have a job since Isiah Thomas. not that bad of course, but bad

I don't foresee us getting involved given the bevy of guards we have already (even if I'm not sold on any of them being the real answer at PG), but I'm definitely curious to see where Mika ends up.

I figured he'd re-open his recruitment and I think he's a pretty good prospect. Wish we had space for him but I don't really see it.

I like him and he has gotten much better as a player but I doubt we get involved. I'm not sure what umass scholarship situation is but they were a player before...now that they landed tre maybe he ends up there if they have room. He'll probably have more suitors now then he did before his commitment after the year he had.

I like him and he has gotten much better as a player but I doubt we get involved. I'm not sure what umass scholarship situation is but they were a player before...now that they landed tre maybe he ends up there if they have room. He'll probably have more suitors now then he did before his commitment after the year he had.

Kid can do a lot better than UMass...

Kid can do a lot better than UMass...
I agree...that's why I said he will probably have more suitors this time around. Just remember that umass was heavily involved before so I'd assume they try to jump back in and sell him on playing with tre. UMass sucks tho!

We have too many guards. Not sure if we have a point guard in the bunch, but too many to take another.

I’m a big fan of Howard Washington but would trade the two in a second
Im not so sure we’ve seen what Howard’s capable of. From what we learned in his recruitment, he’s not johnny flynn but he may be a much further along jump shooter than Mika.

Im not so sure we’ve seen what Howard’s capable of. From what we learned in his recruitment, he’s not johnny flynn but he may be a much further along jump shooter than Mika.

Mika can shoot and has good shooting potential. He's very efficient.

Mika can shoot and has good shooting potential. He's very efficient.
I say this in the most well meaning way possible, Mika reminds me of what we idealized Frank Howard would be. Good distributor, non-project jump shooter, lengthy formidable defender.

Agreed, just remember HW being a three point shooting contest champion. Though not sure at what level.

I'm all for finding another true PG. And I know the ratings/rankings don;t matter all that much. That said, how or why is this kid better than HW? The rankings are virtually the same. 3*, .8816 vs .8616, 245 vs. 289. If I am going to add another guard to our mix I'm adding someone clearly better than what we have. Not sure Adams would be adding anything other than a different 5th or 6th guard. Adams is ranked about midway between Girard and Washington. Close enough that any of the 3 may end up the best, but we already have 2 of them.

I'm all for finding another true PG. And I know the ratings/rankings don;t matter all that much. That said, how or why is this kid better than HW? The rankings are virtually the same. 3*, .8816 vs .8616, 245 vs. 289. If I am going to add another guard to our mix I'm adding someone clearly better than what we have. Not sure Adams would be adding anything other than a different 5th or 6th guard. Adams is ranked about midway between Girard and Washington. Close enough that any of the 3 may end up the best, but we already have 2 of them.
Stop...worrying...about...ranks

Suddenly, having the ability to free up another roster spot by having Buddy exercise the loophole of not being on scholarship doesn't seem so far-fetched...

Would love to land this kid. Doubt we'll get involved, but I would be excited if we did.

Da Bulls don't want to play for anyone at this point. John Paxson is the worst executive to somehow still have a job since Isiah Thomas. not that bad of course, but bad
I refer to them as GarPax. They are the worst. #firegarpax

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom