Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wut??

So, Buddy is slightly less awful at D than Devo was?
Yay

IF Devo had come back for his Sr year, he very likely would be our all-time leading scorer.

And - right now, Devo is still a better finisher with either hand at the rim, than Buddy will ever be.

Devo career % - 44/38/80.

Buddy career % - 41/37/78.

Clearly Buddy is the better player.
Yeah, Devo didn't even try on defense. He was suspended when we went to Memphis and we won. Mainly because we had Andy full time. Buddy is never going to be called glove. But he tries. Devo didn't even do that. I know his sacred status here. Oh, and if he came back, we wouldn't have been as good as we were in 10 where we were a #1 seed without him. You stumbled on the truth on one thing. he was better with both hands. Really, better than almost anyone. good shooter as well. But he himself will tell you he couldn't shoot with Buddy. Other than that, great post. Do me a favor, save the snark for other posters. I have no use for it.

Last edited:
Who was scoring on Devo’s team vs Buddy. I think Devo was a more well rounded offensive player: could go left or right and score at the basket. Not Buddy’s strength. Buddy will need about 500 points this year to equal Devo.
That said, Devo could not go on stretches where he could put up 15 points in 3-4 minutes.
Regency bias and love affair with the 3 pointer skews the comparison.
Not regency bias at all. I think back to that Memphis game where we went down and beat them and honestly, I'm not sure we do if Devo is there. Devo had a great handle. A terrific offensive player. Buddy can dominate a game because of his shooting stroke. We just saw that. And he at least gives effort on defense. Devo didn't. I know he is a sacred cow here. But the team didn't miss him a bit when he didn't come back. That isn't regency bias.

The coaches think that Copeland is going to blow up and soon.

he very well could blow up. But I’m talking about right now and right now I would take Westry and JJ over him. And they both could improve too. We’ll have to wait and see. I’m also not sure today the staff would say Copeland is better. Bottom line, I’ll take any of them as long as we get one of them. They’re all great in their own way.

Not regency bias at all. I think back to that Memphis game where we went down and beat them and honestly, I'm not sure we do if Devo is there. Devo had a great handle. A terrific offensive player. Buddy can dominate a game because of his shooting stroke. We just saw that. And he at least gives effort on defense. Devo didn't. I know he is a sacred cow here. But the team didn't miss him a bit when he didn't come back. That isn't regency bias.
Whether the team missed him and whether he was a better player than Buddy are different arguments. Having to bring up the later as reasoning weakens the former.
Different players,

Whether the team missed him and whether he was a better player than Buddy are different arguments. Having to bring up the later as reasoning weakens the former.
Different players,
Okay, so we are clear, I would take Buddy on my team every day over Devo. and that really isn't a knock against Devo. And whether a team misses a guy does indicate how good he is and how much he helps you win. At least in my book. The object is to win and make the team better.

I prefer consistently good over occasionally great. Buddy also had maybe the greenest light I've ever seen
you are entitled to your opinion. But in fairness, do you ever remember JB saying anything to Devo about shooting too much or taking a bad shot? Jb let's shooters shoot. Maybe too much. That is for a different discussion.

I had a feeling.

While Lands and Westry are my favorite players in the class (that we’re actively involved with), I’d be very very happy with Copeland. Im not sure Westry committing would impact him either, though they’re both 1’s

I could see Copeland PG, Chance as Combo and Lands as SF. We have room for 2 guards out of these 3, if we are lucky.

He's got some Pearl in him. If we get him, I hope he doesn't drive JB crazy with some of those passes.
If he comes he'll be a combination of a poor man's Pearl Washington...and Scoop Jardine.
Note: I was a big Scoop fan, but he would just as likely have you cheering him on one play, and cursing him out on another.

Sounds to me like the coaches are pushing for a Westry decision. The timing of this announcement, during Westry's visit, seems to indicate that. Assuming they take only one of the three guards they are looking at, if Westry is not willing to commit now, they want to push for QC/JJ. Puts some pressure on Westry, and also let's QC know where they stand. The next few weeks should be interesting.
I’m not sure why we’d only take 1 of the guards. I think they’d like to get 2 of Westry, Copeland and JJ.

Taylor is option #1 and then anyone of Starling, Westry and Copeland. I’d be shocked if two of the last three would come, unless Taylor goes elsewhere.

Taylor is option #1 and then anyone of Starling, Westry and Copeland. I’d be shocked if two of the last three would come, unless Taylor goes elsewhere.
I don’t think Taylor is #1 over Westry cause they most likely will not be playing the same position. Taylor won’t be playing PG, Westry or Copeland would be, so not sure how Taylor’s decision effects those guys.

If we are saying Taylor will be playing the 2 then I still think Starling is above him as to me he’s the better player but I’m not the staff.

I don’t think Taylor is #1 over Westry cause they most likely will not be playing the same position. Taylor won’t be playing PG, Westry or Copeland would be, so not sure how Taylor’s decision effects those guys.

If we are saying Taylor will be playing the 2 then I still think Starling is above him as to me he’s the better player but I’m not the staff.

If Taylor wanted to commit today we would take him. He’s Buddy’s replacement. The other guys are being targeted to play PG.

no not all lol. Taylor is a 2/3, Chance is a combo, and Starling and Quadir are more like pgs than anything else. If any 3 of those guys commit I don't think it affects any of the others decisions. And Chance and Justin are our #1 targets at both those positions. If anything the guy that most affects Justin's decision is Kamari because he's just a bigger version of Justin in my opinion

no not all lol. Taylor is a 2/3, Chance is a combo, and Starling and Quadir are more like pgs than anything else. If any 3 of those guys commit I don't think it affects any of the others decisions. And Chance and Justin are our #1 targets at both those positions. If anything the guy that most affects Justin's decision is Kamari because he's just a bigger version of Justin in my opinion

I don't think that's an accurate breakdown. Chance is viewed as a 1, so is Copeland. JJ is viewed by the coaches as a 2 in our system, who could potentially morph into a combo / point down the road.

Okay, so we are clear, I would take Buddy on my team every day over Devo. and that really isn't a knock against Devo. And whether a team misses a guy does indicate how good he is and how much he helps you win. At least in my book. The object is to win and make the team better.
So, the measure of a player is whether a team can win A game without him. That means Matt Cassell is at least as good as Tom Brady and Jeff Hostetler is as good as Phil Simms.
He's got some Pearl in him. If we get him, I hope he doesn't drive JB crazy with some of those passes.
Those games are much less structured and important and seen as fun. I have no worries about it.

So, the measure of a player is whether a team can win A game without him. That means Matt Cassell is at least as good as Tom Brady and Jeff Hostetler is as good as Phil Simms.

Those games are much less structured and important and seen as fun. I have no worries about it.
Yeah, that is what it means. SMH What is your answer for 2010? And just for your knowledge, the Pats didn't win with Cassell like they did with Brady. And I'm not sure the Giants win against the 49 ers with Simm's. You take Devo and I'll take Buddy.

Dasher is right. Devo never had a season as good as Buddy last year. Offensively his season last year stacks up with any recent player besides maybe Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom