Class of 2018 - PG/SG Sam Rautins (CN) to Canisius | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG/SG Sam Rautins (CN) to Canisius

hey guys, normally i would love the idea of taking a legacy player like sam, but we already have a bigger, better version in buddy. taking sam would just be too much redundancy.

You can never have enough shooters, right?

Legacy player. Shooter off the bench. 4 year player.

Last edited:
It's funny back when I lived in Syracuse I knew several people that stated that they thought Sam would end up better than Andy. I wonder what changed, or could Sam still develop into the player that Andy did? I remember Andy being pushed around in a baby stroller. Damn I'm old. LOL

Unless you're willing to redshirt him, why take a flier? He has good size for a PG, but he barely played in the 2017 EYBL sessions and his best offer is from High Point. He and Buddy do the same exact thing, but Buddy got time and was able to prove himself on the biggest amateur circuit. None of the major recruiting services have anything on him, even twenty four seven which lists three star athletes.

Unless you're willing to redshirt him, why take a flier? He has good size for a PG, but he barely played in the 2017 EYBL sessions and his best offer is from High Point. He and Buddy do the same exact thing, but Buddy got time and was able to prove himself on the biggest amateur circuit. None of the major recruiting services have anything on him, even twenty four seven which lists three star athletes.
I would think a big 10 offer would be considered better than a high point offer

Strong smaller program. Good place to shine.

Hopkins built up a great relationship with Rautins but when Hop bolted for UW, the kid spurned us for Canisus.
I’m not gonna go back and forth. That is not what I heard.