Class of 2019 PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) to Marquette

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
You think our offense is brutal? I don’t know about this year or last, but over the past decade Cincy hasn’t been known for having a dynamic offense. even Mick Cronin will admit that he built that program on solid defensive principles and toughness.
That is true. Much less ‘talented’ players though. Doesn’t matter since he went to Marquette. I wonder if the fact that their PG dropped 40-something on Buffalo in Wojo’s system was a factor.

jgeorge322

All American
You think our offense is brutal? I don’t know about this year or last, but over the past decade Cincy hasn’t been known for having a dynamic offense. even Mick Cronin will admit that he built that program on solid defensive principles and toughness.
As do almost all coaches have programs with sustained successs

jordville

All American
No changes in his commitment to Marquette. This is for those that follow Symir (and a couple nice clips of Dre-- check out his bounce pass)...
Symir was nice for the City Rocks as a sophomore last spring, but now seeing him again this spring in Atlanta.. wow. Not only is he stronger but he has really grown as a player. Lead dog for sure. There are ome legit D.Wade feels to his game. Ways to goof course to be that, but you can see it.

Sherman20

2018 Iggy Leading Scorer Winner
No changes in his commitment to Marquette. This is for those that follow Symir (and a couple nice clips of Dre-- check out his bounce pass)...
Symir was nice for the City Rocks as a sophomore last spring, but now seeing him again this spring in Atlanta.. wow. Not only is he stronger but he has really grown as a player. Lead dog for sure. There are ome legit D.Wade feels to his game. Ways to goof course to be that, but you can see it.
It’ll be interesting to see if we made a mistake going after Girard in this class instead of trying to wait and get a more true PG in Symir in the 2020 class. You can’t have them all, so a decision prob needed to be made with Goodine already in the fold. Plus, bird in the hand and all that, too. I’m sure that debate unfolded in the Cuse coaches office last summer and fall, and there may not have been a clear answer either way since Symir was still young and developing. I’m skeptical about Girard, tbh, but he is an intriguing prospect. I think it would be nice to have a true PG in Symir, and his athleticism and upside may be higher.

Last edited:

Top Bottom