Class of 2019 - PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
From yesterday...
4-8 field, 3-8 three, 3-4 line. 1 rebound. 2 turnovers.

on all the city rocks the staff has seen..they still aren't convinced the kid deserves a scholarship? unless we aren't planning on going after a pg in 2020 class.hmmmm

on all the city rocks the staff has seen..they still aren't convinced the kid deserves a scholarship? unless we aren't planning on going after a pg in 2020 class.hmmmm
Yeah I’m starting to wonder if we are really going after any guard in the 2020 class. I mean we have offers out for Patterson and Jackson but that’s it. And they’re both big guards/wings.

Got to see Symir play at OCC yesterday in a small local tourney. He was impressive...great handle and well built. Mica Adams-Woods was also on his team also. Mica has gotten stronger and is a wizard with the ball.

This kid could be an option in 2019 if we don’t get Girard... he originally re classed back so he could go back to 2019 if we/he wanted

Yup...would not be surprised in the least if he gets an offer

Not that excited about him...another josh wright to me
Really? You may be right, but from what I’ve seen, he is a strong lead guard with good vision, great defense, but needs work on his outside shot.

Really? You may be right, but from what I’ve seen, he is a strong lead guard with good vision, great defense, but needs work on his outside shot.
it conserns when a guard has to work on outside shot. I want that as a strong point. Give me Girard all day

it conserns when a guard has to work on outside shot. I want that as a strong point. Give me Girard all day

I didn’t see anything in his game that excited me smells of josh Wright all over again

I would imagine, if the staff offered, they have seen improvement and potential in his outside shot while working with him today. I don’t think Josh Wright was ever a real point guard, but I think Symir is. Just my opinion. Girard is a shoot first and shoot second guard.

I didn’t see anything in his game that excited me smells of josh Wright all over again
Couldn't be more wrong with this comparison other than they were both local guards. Symir is an outstanding kid who is a WINNER. He does all the little things like taking charges, defending, rebounding, etc. He doesn't wow you but is extremely strong and solid and is a competitor. A better comparison would be Brandon Triche (and not just because they are local) but Symir has a better outside shot IMO. I know it's been said he needs to improve his outside shot, but he is actually a very good stationary shooter. His shot is a little bit of a line drive at this point but that can be easily fixed. Form and release are fine. He has become more explosive of an athlete since he went to prep school which I think is what has made him into a high major player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom