Class of 2019 - PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was posted here but it's fairly recent...shot looks pretty good to me. People seem to forget that this kid has quite a bit of time to improve even more then he has. Not sure when having a tough all around legitimate point guard was ever a bad thing. Obviously everyone has different opinions on players etc but man I really dont understand what goes through some people's minds on here!

Not sure if this was posted here but it's fairly recent...shot looks pretty good to me. People seem to forget that this kid has quite a bit of time to improve even more then he has. Not sure when having a tough all around legitimate point guard was ever a bad thing. Obviously everyone has different opinions on players etc but man I really dont understand what goes through some people's minds on here!

What "...goes through some people's minds on here!" with respect to what?

I think most posters would be happy / excited to land this hometown prospect.

What "...goes through some people's minds on here!" with respect to what?

I think most posters would be happy / excited to land this hometown prospect.

There was a little disappointment and comparisons being thrown out. I get it, not everyone will always be on the same page. I guess I should know that by now but symir is a solid player. I'm happy to see a local kid get offered. I guess I could of did without the "what goes through people's minds" part.

Last edited:
Kid looked very smooth from the short video. Not enough of a look to evaluate how his athleticism might stack up against ACC caliber players. His movements reminded me of Scoop. Again, not enough of a view to to evaluate if he sees the floor as well as Scoop did.

All in all, team will need PG help, I will trust that the staff thinks this kid can provide some of that help by the fact that they offered. With very few exceptions, if the staff thinks enough to make an offer, I am all for getting that kid.

Kid looked very smooth from the short video. Not enough of a look to evaluate how his athleticism might stack up against ACC caliber players. His movements reminded me of Scoop. Again, not enough of a view to to evaluate if he sees the floor as well as Scoop did.

All in all, team will need PG help, I will trust that the staff thinks this kid can provide some of that help by the fact that they offered. With very few exceptions, if the staff thinks enough to make an offer, I am all for getting that kid.
Yup. And, it's an offer directly out of camp.

Hmmm, he’s already taking official visits? I was hoping Cuse would be able to sign him early, like by the end of his junior year. But don’t love seeing other (fake Big East) schools getting an official this early.

If he wants to play for Syracuse, he needs to verbal soon. If he doesn’t, someone else is going to take his scholarship.
Andre Jackson, or is he a take either way?

If he wants to play for Syracuse, he needs to verbal soon. If he doesn’t, someone else is going to take his scholarship.
Do we know for a fact if he verballed we’d take him instantly? Or would we hold out for someone else?

Do we know for a fact if he verballed we’d take him instantly? Or would we hold out for someone else?

I would, but we have sooo many guards. Kid went head to head with Buddy in the sectional finals here a year and a half ago and held his own.

We just offered him a month or two ago. I am pretty sure if he wanted to verbal here, we would take it. I am just saying that in the end, all offers are conditional. If a recruit waits longer than the program that offered him is comfortable with, and there are other options available, they run the risk of losing the offer when another player takes their slot.

If I were his parent, I would encourage him to take all of his visits, and be sure he is as informed as possible before making the final decision.

But I would encourage him to get his visits in ASAP, so he controls his college choice as much as possible.

The longer you wait, the more risk is involved. If Syracuse is indeed his dream school, the only reasons to hold off a verbal are

1) to confirm that Syracuse really is the best choice through visits, seeing campuses, meeting coaches and prospective teammates and

2) to take the perhaps once in a lifetime opportunity to be wined and dined and treated like a big shot and enjoy it.

Unless he turns out to be thew second coming of Michael Jordan, It won't be like that the rest of his life.

I like to see local kids make it big. Whatever happens, I am happy for him and I hope he does well at the school he chooses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom