Class of 2019 - PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think our offense is brutal? I don’t know about this year or last, but over the past decade Cincy hasn’t been known for having a dynamic offense. even Mick Cronin will admit that he built that program on solid defensive principles and toughness.

That is true. Much less ‘talented’ players though. Doesn’t matter since he went to Marquette. I wonder if the fact that their PG dropped 40-something on Buffalo in Wojo’s system was a factor.

Dropped two triple doubles in the last couple weeks. Feels like this was a miss.

You think our offense is brutal? I don’t know about this year or last, but over the past decade Cincy hasn’t been known for having a dynamic offense. even Mick Cronin will admit that he built that program on solid defensive principles and toughness.

As do almost all coaches have programs with sustained successs

No changes in his commitment to Marquette. This is for those that follow Symir (and a couple nice clips of Dre-- check out his bounce pass)...
Symir was nice for the City Rocks as a sophomore last spring, but now seeing him again this spring in Atlanta.. wow. Not only is he stronger but he has really grown as a player. Lead dog for sure. There are ome legit D.Wade feels to his game. Ways to goof course to be that, but you can see it.

No changes in his commitment to Marquette. This is for those that follow Symir (and a couple nice clips of Dre-- check out his bounce pass)...
Symir was nice for the City Rocks as a sophomore last spring, but now seeing him again this spring in Atlanta.. wow. Not only is he stronger but he has really grown as a player. Lead dog for sure. There are ome legit D.Wade feels to his game. Ways to goof course to be that, but you can see it.
It’ll be interesting to see if we made a mistake going after Girard in this class instead of trying to wait and get a more true PG in Symir in the 2020 class. You can’t have them all, so a decision prob needed to be made with Goodine already in the fold. Plus, bird in the hand and all that, too. I’m sure that debate unfolded in the Cuse coaches office last summer and fall, and there may not have been a clear answer either way since Symir was still young and developing. I’m skeptical about Girard, tbh, but he is an intriguing prospect. I think it would be nice to have a true PG in Symir, and his athleticism and upside may be higher.

Last edited:
...or maybe the 3rd, depending on how things work out.
Lol Kadary had an interesting interaction with Woody on twitter, based on what we hear about the latter

Lol Kadary had an interesting interaction with Woody on twitter, based on what we hear about the latter
Anything that interesting? I dont have a twitter

Nothing real alarming without much context but it’s probably not far-fetched to say he wants to play more.

Don’t ever get a twitter it’s awful
I didn’t think it was anything bad about Kadarys status... but not great about Woody.

of course RF2044 post doesn’t inspire confidence unless he was talking about Joe

edit: I want to make clear I’d love Joe to stay as a 3rd guard ... Kadary needs 30mpg next year and we can absolutely not afford him leaving

Last edited:
I didn’t think it was anything bad about Kadarys status... but not great about Woody.

of course RF2044 post doesn’t inspire confidence unless he was talking about Joe

edit: I want to make clear I’d love Joe to stay as a 3rd guard ... Kadary needs 30mpg next year and we can absolutely not afford him leaving

Agree 100%. Kadary was the answer to our prayers at lead guard. Whatever torch we had for ST two years ago is diminished now, having a true lead guard in the fold.

Would prefer to see a combo-type of guard, or a legit PG we can learn the ropes for a year, before taking over down the road. Griffin is more than capable of filling in at the 2 next year, should he return.

Wasn't implying anything specific about Joe. Would love to see him return and finish out his career in Orange. I believe that he could be a terrific player for our program, if utilized a little differently. Envision: the 2004 season, when GMac was allowed to play off the ball with Edelin running the "point." Ultimately, it didn't matter who the defensive rebound was outletted to -- they could both push the ball / pass. My opinion only, but I think Girard's shooting percentages and efficiency would skyrocket if some of the primary ball handling / playmaking responsibilities were lifted from his shoulders. It would be similar to 2004, when GMac could just work to get open and let somebody else run the point in half court offensive sets.

Nothing real alarming without much context but it’s probably not far-fetched to say he wants to play more.

Don’t ever get a twitter it’s awful
I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, so first thank you for the information, but wonder why Kadary would think that. His playing time has risen dramatically the last quarter of the year, and I believe hes getting more time then JG3 during that period, outside of the last few games when he could barely run down the court. Idk, seems like an odd statement from him

I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, so first thank you for the information, but wonder why Kadary would think that. His playing time has risen dramatically the last quarter of the year, and I believe hes getting more time then JG3 during that period, outside of the last few games when he could barely run down the court. Idk, seems like an odd statement from him

Kadary is a better player - he's been a better player all year - he is going places with basketball - Joe is not - Kadary needs to start and play 30 mins - Joe needs to sub for Buddy and Kadary - next year is Kadary's last year in college - he needs to know for a fact that he is gonna play 30 mins at Cuse and he deserves that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom