Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

Most of those schools won't have the open playing time since they already have 1-2 PGs who are either freshmen or 4-star or better recruits.
That's my point. He's saying he's most interested in UK, KU, & Duke, yet BC won't even call him when he lives 2.5 hours away.

Disagree. The staff saw a lot of Waters when he played with Moyer. Clearly Waters is interested in us because he keeps name dropping us, but we aren't reciprocating. I saw Waters play with Moyer and I wasn't that impressed. He is a gunner and not a great one at that IMO.

We can agree to disagree. Its late in the recruiting cycle and most classes are wrapped up hence the lack of attention his camp is getting. They messed up by signing with Georgetown as early as they did instead of playing their cards right. Now they are on the outside looking in trying to gauge whatever interest they can. He probably commits to Georgetown again when he's not getting the reaction the camp expected.

You saw him play with Moyer over a year ago. Players can develop their game in between then and now.

Name them then.

The behavior towards potential recruits on this board and just in general is funny at times.

Name them then.

The behavior towards potential recruits on this board and just in general is funny at times.

He committed to a G5 school for a reason and will recommit to a G5 school for a reason. Hint: The reason is not that every P5 school has their scholarships filled.

The new shiny toy on the market isn't always what's best for the team. And he's not a potential recruit at this time. Pretty sure that's been established.

Last edited:
He committed to a G5 school for a reason and will recommit to a G5 school for a reason. Hint: The reason is not that every P5 schools have their scholarships filled.

The new shiny toy on the market isn't always what's best for the team. And he's not a potential recruit at this time. Pretty sure that's been established.
He isn't all that shiny, he still has some hoya nastiness on him.

He committed to a G5 school for a reason and will recommit to a G5 school for a reason. Hint: The reason is not that every P5 school has their scholarships filled.

Do you think Howard Washington is better than Tremont Waters? Honest question.

Do you think Howard Washington is better than Tremont Waters? Honest question.

I don't know actually. Only time will tell. Washington is already in the barn tho. Might be a different story if we hadn't already taken HW but seemingly the ship has sailed on TW. I don't think TW is a can't miss tho. Also, I'm not as fussed as I believe FH will be much better next year than 95% of this board does.

Not sure how many of you followed the Mustapha Heron recruitment, but his dad was a massive pain - hearing it's the same with Tremont. His dad/his camp thinks Tremont deserves to be given the keys day 1 - could explain why Kansas, Duke, etc has literally no interest when they have guys like Devonte Graham, Frank Jackson and Greyson Allen around. I don't know much about the Syracuse side - but maybe with Battle around and hopefully Ayala, we can't offer him what he wants. Would assume UConn with Jalen Adams also couldn't meet that requirement but who knows.

seems like he'll end up back at gtown
Could see it. He's scaring people off. UConn might be desperate enough but he never really wanted to go there. I think he was hoping for a UK/Duke/IU/KU to express interest once he got out of his NLI but it just didn't happen.

Could see it. He's scaring people off. UConn might be desperate enough but he never really wanted to go there. I think he was hoping for a UK/Duke/IU/KU to express interest once he got out of his NLI but it just didn't happen.
yeah and I would imagine Ewing (and maybe AI?) is saying all the right things to him and daddy

Last crystal ball prediction has Waters going to Western Kentucky? That's a far cry from Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Syracuse... whom he claimed was interested. What a drop off. LMAO

Last crystal ball prediction has Waters going to Western Kentucky? That's a far cry from Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Syracuse... whom he claimed was interested. What a drop off. LMAO

Well they have Dianne and Mitchell Robinson. Don't sleep on them.

I think it would be a mistake if we don't make an effort to bring him in. I know there are reports his dad may be a little too involved, I know his size isn't perfect for the zone but he's a good basketball player who would provide us with probably 3-4 years of shot creating/making from the perimeter.

You need a collection of guys who can consistently score and create on the perimeter to contend for championships in college basketball. That's a glaring hole in the current personnel of our program.

Check this video out. I DID NOT know his defense was this sick, holy crap. I'm really bummed out we don't at least pursue this dude, he's John Gillon on steroid then some.

Really hope he doesn't end up at UConn at least. He looks like one of those prototype undersized UConn guards that pulls a championship run out of his a*s.

I see character issues with this guy. He stated all the top programs were recruiting him when they weren't. Now it looks like he'll go back to Georgetown or Western Kentucky? There's got to be a reason, and I don't think it's his size (which doesn't help).

Anyone see what Waters said the other day? He mentioned Syracuse but then said that we haven't actually reached out to him and that everyone on Twitter is saying he should go to Syracuse. Not sure what's up with this kid.

Please watch this and tell me this is a kid we don't want...his defense against some of the best guys in the class of 17 is ridiculous and regardless of his size, he knows how to get to spots on the floor and make plays either shooting the ball, getting to the rim or making the right pass. With who is actually recruiting him right now I just don't get how we don't toss our hat in the ring and see what happens because this kid is talented...and I know I've read that his dad has issues blah blah...cmon this is college ball, his dad won't be at school with him and I'm sure JB has dealt with PLENTY of those types of parents over the 100 years of coaching that he has done...CMON CUSE WAKE UP!!

Please watch this and tell me this is a kid we don't want...his defense against some of the best guys in the class of 17 is ridiculous and regardless of his size, he knows how to get to spots on the floor and make plays either shooting the ball, getting to the rim or making the right pass. With who is actually recruiting him right now I just don't get how we don't toss our hat in the ring and see what happens because this kid is talented...and I know I've read that his dad has issues blah blah...cmon this is college ball, his dad won't be at school with him and I'm sure JB has dealt with PLENTY of those types of parents over the 100 years of coaching that he has done...CMON CUSE WAKE UP!!
For this kid to be this talented (albeit short for the zone) and for us to not even reach out, says a lot IMO. We reached out to Ashton-Langford after this release. There must be some major red flags with this kid for us not to even get involved.

Doesn't it make you question why a top 50 kid can't anyone to talk to him except UConn, GTown and Western Kentucky? Especially for a kid who's been so vocal about other schools. Red Flag city

For this kid to be this talented (albeit short for the zone) and for us to not even reach out, says a lot IMO. We reached out to Ashton-Langford after this release. There must be some major red flags with this kid for us not to even get involved.

Doesn't it make you question why a top 50 kid can't anyone to talk to him except UConn, GTown and Western Kentucky? Especially for a kid who's been so vocal about other schools. Red Flag city

Yea something definitely has to be up...makes no sense otherwise, just sucks because the kid can play that's for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom