Class of 2023 - PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington

Autry embarked on a coaching career in January 2006 when he was hired as associate head coach at Bishop Ireton Catholic High School (Va.). He was named AAU basketball coach with Nova United in April 2006, leading the 14-Under team first and then the 15-Under squad. In September 2007 he became assistant basketball coach at Paul VI High School (Va.). He was named an assistant coach on the AAU Triple Threat squad, working with the 17-Under team, in 2008.

He moved into the collegiate ranks in 2008 when he was hired by then-head coach Seth Greenburg as director of basketball operations at Virginia Tech. He was later promoted to an assistant coach post.

While at Syracuse he has tutored eventual NBA draft picks Jerami Grant, Kris Joseph, Tyler Lydon, Chris McCullough, and Malachi Richardson.

Adrian and his wife, Andrea, reside in Jamesville with their children Adrian Jr., Trey and Nina. His daughter, Aliyah, graduated from Syracuse in 2017.

Wonder if GMAC is recruiting him.

As an aside, and with due respect to GMac, Red's 31 points in the 2nd half in the NCAA against Missouri is the greatest half I have ever seen from a SU player.
I mentioned that to him on a call in show, and he agreed that the shot from his knees should have been an "and 1".

Last edited:

As an aside, and with due respect to GMac, Red's 31 points in the 2nd half in the NCAA against Missouri is the greatest half I have ever seen from a SU player.
I mentioned that to him on a call in show, and he agreed that the shot from his knees should have been an "and 1".
that shot still haunts me. would have capped one of the most amazing comebacks in school history

that shot still haunts me. would have capped one of the most amazing comebacks in school history

I think we didn't lose points on the play as it occurred, IIRC. Autry made one of two and we got a rebound and scored?

To this day that's one of my personal greatest Syracuse basketball memories ever. Autry's performance that day was legendary, I'll never forget it.

0 points first half
31 points second half

Last edited:
poor trey getting his thread hijacked by his dad's heroics

that's why legacy recruits are not always slam dunks
2023...mmm let's wait 2 years before deciding he is a high major recruit. I remember many examples of BMOC's in 8th and 9th grade that were not all that when they became seniors.

We had a kid who was 6'2" in 7th grade and 6'2" at HS graduation. Other kids were 5'2 in 7th grade and 6'7" in 12th grade.

That said he looks pretty damn good for his age

Last edited:
poor trey getting his thread hijacked by his dad's heroics

that's why legacy recruits are not always slam dunks
I think that film of Trey is very impressive. Very impressive indeed. A true PG who can score and defend is something special. Very special.

Jamesville-DeWitt was led by senior forward Payton Shumpert, who scored 29 points. His younger brother, Preston, added 12. Trey Autry, a sophomore guard and son of Syracuse basketball assistant Adrian Autry, finished with 12 points.

Western Reserve Academy is in Hudson, OH. Hudson is in the NE corner of Ohio, roughly halfway between Cleveland and Akron.

Think Trey has a big summer. Dude is 6-4, 200 pounds already and going into his junior year. He’s always been a bigger kid and he’s starting to turn that “baby fat” into muscle now. Kid is strong and his basketball skills are really developing. He’ll start getting some high major offers this summer in my opinion. Early prediction he ends up here or wherever his dad is coaching. He’ll have the opportunity to play high major ball. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up cracking the ESPN top100 prospects

Think Trey has a big summer. Dude is 6-4, 200 pounds already and going into his junior year. He’s always been a bigger kid and he’s starting to turn that “baby fat” into muscle now. Kid is strong and his basketball skills are really developing. He’ll start getting some high major offers this summer in my opinion. Early prediction he ends up here or wherever his dad is coaching. He’ll have the opportunity to play high major ball. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up cracking the ESPN top100 prospects
Be interesting to see where his dad is when he finally does enter college (hopefully still here)