Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

Both currently 2022.. but Dior is considering the move to 2021. Will Zion or any of his friends follow suit?
Cant see zion coming 21. Things would be a bit crowded then unless theres more leaving...always guys leaving early so who knows? At this rate nothing would surprise me.

SR Buddy, JR Girard, SO Kadary and FR Dior ... I love Zion but I can’t see him coming for that

SR Buddy, JR Girard, SO Kadary and FR Dior ... I love Zion but I can’t see him coming for that

If these guys are true 5* prospects, they play over a sophomore Kadary and possibly a junior JGIII as well.

If these guys are true 5* prospects, they play over a sophomore Kadary and possibly a junior JGIII as well.
I think people undervalue what JGIII did last year. He had a terrific freshman year. Anthony got the accolades on reputation as much as performance. Not saying Joe is a better NBA prospect, but he was really good last year.

I think people undervalue what JGIII did last year. He had a terrific freshman year. Anthony got the accolades on reputation as much as performance. Not saying Joe is a better NBA prospect, but he was really good last year.

There are always "people" who fit the bill, but I don't undervalue what JGIII did. I also recognize that part of why he did what he did was because the competition at the position was weak. JGIII will continue to develop and can be a great player for SU, but there are more talented players out there and if they come here they may sidetrack JGIII's opportunity to get to "greatness" at SU.

If you had to choose between playing a freshman Melo and a junior or even senior version of CJ or KJo who are you going to play?

There are always "people" who fit the bill, but I don't undervalue what JGIII did. I also recognize that part of why he did what he did was because the competition at the position was weak. JGIII will continue to develop and can be a great player for SU, but there are more talented players out there and if they come here they may sidetrack JGIII's opportunity to get to "greatness" at SU.

If you had to choose between playing a freshman Melo and a junior or even senior version of CJ or KJo who are you going to play?

Melo, all day. Fair point. I’m really looking forward to a senior JG teaming up with Dior, but hey, if Zion can come in and be on the level of Melo, then I’m all for it.

In the ideal world, JGIII is off the ball, hunting shots, not worried about others. This commitment will allow that to occur. I don't see it as an either/or type of thing

Tell that to some of maroons that think a junior JG cant be beaten out. Kadary will beat him out soon enough and Dior will beat out Kadary. We will have some transfers and some of the current players will never be here. These 5 * guys will transfer or Joe will. Joe's not going to start his whole career .....at least here.

I wonder if Zion is leaning elsewhere and that helps Dior's thought process in terms of looking at reclassifying? He comes in with Benny day 1 somewhat similar to how he wanted Chance/Zion day 1. I know nothing just trying to follow the bouncing ball.

"Ranked No. 24 overall in the class of 2022, combo guard Zion Cruz isn’t exactly an under the radar guy.

Thanks to outstanding play in the summer with the PSA Cardinals, appearances with USA Basketball and tremendous play at Hudson (N.J.) Catholic, he’s built a reputation with coaches as one of the top rising juniors in America. He’s explosive to the rim, he is a tremendous option to help run a team and he holds big time potential on the defensive end.
But, out of sight can often mean out of mind when it comes to recruiting and that makes his popularity with college coaches all that more impressive. Since college coaches could directly contact members of the class of 2022 in mid-June, Cruz has added offers from Alabama, Baylor, Iowa, Louisville, Maryland and Ohio State. Prior to that others like Auburn, Bryant, DePaul, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Syracuse, UCLA and UConn had offered.
Headed to Mouth of Wilson (Va.) Oak Hill for his junior season, Cruz has seen Seton Hall and Syracuse unofficially and only figures to see his recruitment pick up even more.
“Zion has proven himself to be one of the best two guards in his class,” PSA Cardinals program director and coach Munch Williams told . “Everywhere he has been, he’s led his teams to the winner circle. His work ethic and desire to stay in the gym to strengthen his individual game makes me feel comfortable that he will step onto a college campus and be prepared to play heavy minutes right away. Long term, he has a shot at being the best point guard in the class and solely needs for more people to see him at this point.”

how can someone possibly say cuse is not involved w that poll in his insta?

Who’s saying cuse isn’t involved ?
Unless im mistaken, which rarely if ever happens ;), its been said multiple times in this thread thats hes not coming here

Involved and not coming here are two wayyyyyy different terms my friend

Oh so were just spinning our wheels, entertaining him for fun and laughs?!? What a novel concept by the coaching staff.

Oh so were just spinning our wheels, entertaining him for fun and laughs?!? What a novel concept by the coaching staff.
no clue what you're saying but yes, there is a clear difference in being involved aka actively recruiting him which we are and will continue to do if Dior is in 2021 or 2022 but not getting him is absolutely a possibility.

no clue what you're saying but yes, there is a clear difference in being involved aka actively recruiting him which we are and will continue to do if Dior is in 2021 or 2022 but not getting him is absolutely a possibility.

We 'don't get' the majority of guys we actively recruit.
It's a numbers game, just the way it is.

Doesn't mean we don't keep trying, right up until it's clear that it's not happening.

Of course not getting him is a possibility. I was referring to fact ppl said were definitely not getting him/hes definitely not coming here, in my initial post. Definitely not getting him to me means were not involved. Anyone reading my post in context and following this thread would know what im saying.

We 'don't get' the majority of guys we actively recruit.
It's a numbers game, just the way it is.

Doesn't mean we don't keep trying, right up until it's clear that it's not happening.
so you're agreeing with me. YAAA BUDDDDDY

Of course not getting him is a possibility. I was referring to fact ppl said were definitely not getting him/hes definitely not coming here, in my initial post. Definitely not getting him to me means were not involved. Anyone reading my post in context and following this thread would know what im saying.
You have at least two of us saying "who is saying we aren't involved" so us two are not reading it in context??

We are actively recruiting him but there's some factors that giving a lot of the posters saying "we aren't going to get him". It really depends on Dior and which class he stays in. He goes to 2021, I would agree with the folks above...we don't really have a shot. He will go to a blue blood program but if Dior stays 2022, I think we have a long shot but have a chance. Having this type of talent come in and come off the bench his freshmen year, I don't see it and Dior will start along with a senior JG3.

A lot of these forwards that we offered in 2022...we have little to not shot in but we have offered and will stay in contact with/STAYING INVOLVED because recruiting is always fluid and things can chance almost instantly.

You have at least two of us saying "who is saying we aren't involved" so us two are not reading it in context??

We are actively recruiting him but there's some factors that giving a lot of the posters saying "we aren't going to get him". It really depends on Dior and which class he stays in. He goes to 2021, I would agree with the folks above...we don't really have a shot. He will go to a blue blood program but if Dior stays 2022, I think we have a long shot but have a chance. Having this type of talent come in and come off the bench his freshmen year, I don't see it and Dior will start along with a senior JG3.

A lot of these forwards that we offered in 2022...we have little to not shot in but we have offered and will stay in contact with/STAYING INVOLVED because recruiting is always fluid and things can chance almost instantly.

I dont consider this board to be a breeding ground for intelligence so the two poster point is not overly persuasive to me.

You keep harping on this involved point. Its quite an obvious one...

JG will never play for any length of time before Kadary or Dior. Delusional laugh out loud. Never.
He also wasn't going to play much last year because he was a public school kid who didn't prep and wasn't better than Goodine and a ton of stuff. Not disagreeing with you but for now we know what Joe is at the level we play. Dior and Kadary are still unknown commodities. I'm not giving anyone minutes until I see them all play in our league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom