Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

Nobody feels this way about Depaul.

Right?

It’s like planning a once in a lifetime vacation….

and ending up in Branson.

1645637632892.jpeg

This is a weird one

"A well traveled player who played at three New Jersey high schools before moving to Kanye West's startup program Donda Academy in California for his senior year, Cruz chose the Blue Demons men's basketball program over offers from Georgia, Memphis, Xavier, Western Kentucky, and many others. His comfort within the program is looked as the biggest component that factored into his decision."

Weird final schools list, was it the better SEC schools wouldnt compensate his request$?

I think the rumor was that Zion was going to commit to Auburn but then something happened and Auburn said no. My guess is they didn’t have enough of a bag budget for both Zion and Chance.

Yea def money involved and quite frankly, i dont blame zion. Get yours.

Feels like the tag might be wagging the dog here. Yes you want to make some bank through NIL. But the big money is at the next level. Players need to go somewhere where they can get better and get good coaching. They need to play in an atmosphere that can help them get ready for playing in front of a full house in the pros. They need to go somewhere where they can play against good players in practice and be challenged. It would also help to play with some experienced, talented players you can learn from.
I get that he might be able to take 30 shots a game next season. i also understand that if he is a stud he will get to the league from Depaul. But i also think it can be argued that he and his team did not put him in the best place to succeed.
And at the risk of sounding naive college still should be about having fun for these guys, at least to some extent. I came across the Depaul Creighton game on tv the other night and it was a friends and family crowd. No buzz. Feels like the kid got some poor advice.

Feels like the tag might be wagging the dog here. Yes you want to make some bank through NIL. But the big money is at the next level. Players need to go somewhere where they can get better and get good coaching. They need to play in an atmosphere that can help them get ready for playing in front of a full house in the pros. They need to go somewhere where they can play against good players in practice and be challenged. It would also help to play with some experienced, talented players you can learn from.
I get that he might be able to take 30 shots a game next season. i also understand that if he is a stud he will get to the league from Depaul. But i also think it can be argued that he and his team did not put him in the best place to succeed.
And at the risk of sounding naive college still should be about having fun for these guys, at least to some extent. I came across the Depaul Creighton game on tv the other night and it was a friends and family crowd. No buzz. Feels like the kid got some poor advice.
I guess the saying is “it isn’t as important where you play, if you’re a pro they will find you”. So why not get your bag right now if it’s available? You don’t know what you will get in the future.

There have been guys who have gone to the GLeague ignite team who aren’t really NBA talent, but also guys from Mid Majors who have become NBA stars. You don’t need to be in front of packed arenas every night to go to the NBA, scouts have access to plenty of footage.

I guess the saying is “it isn’t as important where you play, if you’re a pro they will find you”. So why not get your bag right now if it’s available? You don’t know what you will get in the future.

There have been guys who have gone to the GLeague ignite team who aren’t really NBA talent, but also guys from Mid Majors who have become NBA stars. You don’t need to be in front of packed arenas every night to go to the NBA, scouts have access to plenty of footage.

Sometimes its better to be a big fish in a small pond. Sometimes its better to play elite competition in practice every day. Hard to say what is the better path.

Sometimes its better to be a big fish in a small pond. Sometimes its better to play elite competition in practice every day. Hard to say what is the better path.
That isn't a pond it's like a toilet bowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom