Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

Are they both PGs?
Could a backcourt of Dior + Cruz be like Lillard + McCollum?
I believe Dior is 6’2” and Zion is 6’1” but they can both still grow obviously

That's a nice looking Orange trio...
Screenshot_20200211-055605_Instagram.jpg

Not be that guy with all this hype. But unless Chance is gonna play the 3, there won’t be a ton of room for Cruz year 1. Dior, Goodine snd JG3 will be there

Yeah I hear you. Westry to me looks very much like he could be a 3 with time to grow some too. Kid utilizes his length well.

Not be that guy with all this hype. But unless Chance is gonna play the 3, there won’t be a ton of room for Cruz year 1. Dior, Goodine snd JG3 will be there

I like JG3 and I'm legit driving the Goodine bandwagon, but I have serious doubts the No. 20-ranked recruit in the cycle comes off the bench. He has too many options for that.

I like JG3 and I'm legit driving the Goodine bandwagon, but I have serious doubts the No. 20-ranked recruit in the cycle comes off the bench. He has too many options for that.
I have serious doubts that you are wrong. 5 stars dont come off the bench with the roster we currently have. If we sign one or 5 they will all start. Projecting Cruz coming off the bench is laughable at this point. He knows he can play right away .

Are they both PGs?
Could a backcourt of Dior + Cruz be like Lillard + McCollum?

Good question, I had the same one about recuiting 2 star PGs in the same class.

Cruz won't be coming here.

Definitely not trying to call you out or be a jerk or anything, but is this a feeling or was/is there some information involved? Lots of board speculation on this kid so far given the recent developments

Definitely not trying to call you out or be a jerk or anything, but is this a feeling or was/is there some information involved? Lots of board speculation on this kid so far given the recent developments

Dasher knows people who know things.

That said, dunno if this is one of those cases, or an educated guess on his part?

... and this brings up what is potentially the only REAL downside of Dior's commitment:

IF the NBA changes the one-and-done rule by 2022, and then Dior skips college and goes directly to the NBA, then not only will we not have him, we also won't have Zion and/or JJ Starling at PG either.

Have to think that neither one of those guys is gonna want to come and try to split G minutes with Dior,
plus Sr. JGIII, possibly Sr Goodine, Jr. Kadary, and who knows who else??

Hopefully he's able to "bring other guys" like he's promised, and that they all stay in that scenario, which would help mitigate this issue somewhat.

The odds of that change being made by the NBA and being effective for the 2022 class seem quite remote at this juncture.
Let's all hope and pray to Pearl that he actually suits up in Orange. :cool:

Dior and Zion are both great players but their games won't compliment each other well because they both need to be on-ball. As good as he is, I'm not sure Zion is the recruit we want teaming up with Dior in our best case dream scenario. That said, if one of our "fall back" options is bringing in an ultra talented McDonald's AA type guy and figuring it all out on the fly, I can think of a lot worse plan B's.

Westry is a better compliment. Cruz isn't much of a shooter. Cole Anthony is a top prospect and we are seeing how that works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom