Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

One more...
Screenshot_20200504-100408_Instagram.jpg

Villanova sure seems to have success playing 3 and sometimes 4 guards together.
Offensively it’d be fine. Defensively even would work, unless we were still in the 2-3

I just have a hard time seeing JB make a major style change at the end of his career

Would love to see him adapt, though

Just imagine JB going out with a title starting 3 guards and playing man HAHAH
The biggest FU of all time. It would be amazing

Offensively it’d be fine. Defensively even would work, unless we were still in the 2-3
Need Dior or Cruz to shoot up to 6'4 or 6'5 I'd think if we are still 100% zone. Obviously not ideal but certainly possible with 2 years to go that one could grab mins on the wing if they get that tall. Would be sacrificing rebounding for offense which might not be the worst thing.

"If" Dior comes I would rather have a traditional 2 than another ball dominant guard. You need complimentary pieces to build a great team, and I'm not sure 2 ball dominant players do that.

"If" Dior comes I would rather have a traditional 2 than another ball dominant guard. You need complimentary pieces to build a great team, and I'm not sure 2 ball dominant players do that.

I see your point, but these guys are literally going to be playing together the next 2 years at the highest level of high school ball. Their chemistry will already be determined before they get here. If they both want to come here, I'm going to assume that chemistry is solid to excellent. Having 2 guys that can take control of an offense (e.g. Westbrook/Harden) would be a no brainer. Imagine a team where Dior takes a breather, but we still have Zion out there or vice versa!

I see your point, but these guys are literally going to be playing together the next 2 years at the highest level of high school ball. Their chemistry will already be determined before they get here. If they both want to come here, I'm going to assume that chemistry is solid to excellent. Having 2 guys that can take control of an offense (e.g. Westbrook/Harden) would be a no brainer. Imagine a team where Dior takes a breather, but we still have Zion out there or vice versa!

What is this "breather" to which you refer? :p

He would just be going back to how he started. We used to play man, trap, and press. We also used to push the ball up the floor, and score a lot.

I can see it now JB plays man all season long, we lose maybe two games total and in the Post NC interview with Jim Nantz he drops a “this ones for you Townie!” And no one except Syrfan posters will know what tf he’s talking about.

Holy that's hilarious gahahahahah
I can see it now JB plays man all season long, we lose maybe two games total and in the Post NC interview with Jim Nantz he drops a “this ones for you Townie!” And no one except Syrfan posters will know what tf he’s talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom