Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

Just can't imagine there will be a better backcourt in the country better than Oak Hill next year.
Aaaaaaand...they're only going to be juniors. If we could somehow not only land Zion, but get him to commit early...they would be a sick billboard for SU basketball before ever setting foot on a college court. So, anyone lamenting Dior only being a one and done, the kid is adding swag to SU two years before even getting here. His impact is huge.

Kids got serious game, would absolutely love a backcourt of Z and Dior, seasoned cast around them and roll
Surround these guys with gazelles. Tell them, rebound first then run your ass off. Might make it easier to rebound since other teams won't be able to send a bunch of guys to the boards, because they will have to rotate back to make sure our guys aren't uncovered. Remember how Stevie was always ahead of the defense?

With the proper dedication to S&C, I wouldn't rule it out.
i hear jb has hired a top new stretch & cover coach
i
small-stretch-armstrong-oty__80120.1544309829.jpg

Last edited:
Cruz’s game looks a lot like Devendorf. His shot and drives look very similar.
Nobody finished with their left hand at the rim better than Devendorf. It seemed like he almost never missed going left and shooting left off the board.

In the clips above - and only referencing those clips - Zion mostly finished with his right on left side drives.

Kids got serious game, would absolutely love a backcourt of Z and Dior, seasoned cast around them and roll
Great comparison, i see a lot of Devo in this kids game.
Some of our best teams had 2 pgs who could alternate between running the play or playing off the ball.
Top of my head, Edelin/Gmac, Sherm/Monroe, Cohen/Headd, were some of the most effective. I always loved it when they’d switch off- it gives you so many options.

Some of our best teams had 2 pgs who could alternate between running the play or playing off the ball.
Top of my head, Edelin/Gmac, Sherm/Monroe, Cohen/Headd, were some of the most effective. I always loved it when they’d switch off- it gives you so many options.
Cohen/Headd were both SG, or, at best, combo guards. Eddie Moss did most of the PG work.

Cohen/Headd were both SG, or, at best, combo guards. Eddie Moss did most of the PG work.
Oh, i remember “Fast Eddie” on those teams, but there were plenty of times the Cohen/Headd backcourt played together.
It’s not absolutist, it can be an either/or situation.

Sherm actually played with Pearl sometimes. I vividly remember JB would put Pearl on the baseline and he would just destroy the 2G

Allan Griffin playing in Michigan at the big dance says hello.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom