Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

Dasher knows people who know things.

That said, dunno if this is one of those cases, or an educated guess on his part?

... and this brings up what is potentially the only REAL downside of Dior's commitment:

IF the NBA changes the one-and-done rule by 2022, and then Dior skips college and goes directly to the NBA, then not only will we not have him, we also won't have Zion and/or JJ Starling at PG either.

Have to think that neither one of those guys is gonna want to come and try to split G minutes with Dior,
plus Sr. JGIII, possibly Sr Goodine, Jr. Kadary, and who knows who else??

Hopefully he's able to "bring other guys" like he's promised, and that they all stay in that scenario, which would help mitigate this issue somewhat.

The odds of that change being made by the NBA and being effective for the 2022 class seem quite remote at this juncture.
Let's all hope and pray to Pearl that he actually suits up in Orange. :cool:
Silver has said that there will be fair warning to CBB if they change the 1 and done rule

I wonder if these guys are being told who their coach will be in 2022 ...
Dior preached loving GMac and the staff. So unless they told him JB is staying it’s hard to imagine a kid this good going somewhere where he doesn’t know the coach

Dior and Zion are both great players but their games won't compliment each other well because they both need to be on-ball. As good as he is, I'm not sure Zion is the recruit we want teaming up with Dior in our best case dream scenario. That said, if one of our "fall back" options is bringing in an ultra talented McDonald's AA type guy and figuring it all out on the fly, I can think of a lot worse plan B's.
If Clyde Frazier and Earl The Pearl could make it work, so can Dior & Zion.

Zion added this to his Insta story...
Screenshot_20200229-151035_Instagram.jpg

Roddy
Who’s the third kid on the list?
Roddy Gayle, one of the top 10 shooting guards in tat class. 6’4” from Lewiston, NY. Believed to be another friend of Dior and Zion.

Roddy

Roddy Gayle, one of the top 10 shooting guards in tat class. 6’4” from Lewiston, NY. Believed to be another friend of Dior and Zion.
So, if we were to believe the different postings, we could have in 2022 Dior Johnson, Zion Cruz, JJ Starling, Roddy Gayle, Chance Westry and the big guy from 2021 Mac Etienne plus Benny Williams.

That is a lot of potential offensive talent. Still to be seen/realized. Waiting for XMAS 2021/2022.

So, if we were to believe the different postings, we could have in 2022 Dior Johnson, Zion Cruz, JJ Starling, Roddy Gayle, Chance Westry and the big guy from 2021 Mac Etienne plus Benny Williams.

That is a lot of potential offensive talent. Still to be seen/realized. Waiting for XMAS 2021/2022.

That would be nice but no way I see it happening.We would have no room in our backcourt for all of those players, especially since JG3 will be a senior.

That would be nice but no way I see it happening.We would have no room in our backcourt for all of those players, especially since JG3 will be a senior.
Correct, especially the way the coach deals out playing time. Having that many good players and keeping them satisfied with playing time may end Coach Boeheim’s career with a brain hemorrhage (only joking).

Reminds me a bit of Tyler Ennis, PhD -
only he has some springs, too.

Really nice player.

Given we have Dior in the fold, I’d imagine that Zion will be looking elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom