PGA Championship | Syracusefan.com

PGA Championship

weather in may up here is hit or miss.. last year they would have had lows in the 40s many days and highs 60-80.. its playable and most leagues start beginning of may around here so it shouldnt be a problem.

weather in may up here is hit or miss.. last year they would have had lows in the 40s many days and highs 60-80.. its playable and most leagues start beginning of may around here so it shouldnt be a problem.
It's not so much the weather in May that's the issue, but rather the challenge of getting a course into optimal playing condition for a major that early in the year.

Who you got today? I'm going with Justin Thomas.
It would seem like this should be his time or Matsuyama's, but you do get some unlikely winners in the PGA.

Nice call.

image.jpg

It's not so much the weather in May that's the issue, but rather the challenge of getting a course into optimal playing condition for a major that early in the year.

While I appreciate that point, I think there's something to be said for being able to make shots in conditions less than optimal. A point spoken to by the British Open. And their links courses often resemble lunar landscapes. :)

While I appreciate that point, I think there's something to be said for being able to make shots in conditions less than optimal. A point spoken to by the British Open. And their links courses often resemble lunar landscapes. :)

Yes, but you get roll over there and the courses never play wet and soggy. There's a difference between optics and playability. The last thing folks at Oak Hill want are soggy fairways and mud balls flying all over the place.

The May factor hurts Oak Hill, but I think the biggest factor that will hurt Oak Hill with getting future PGA's (beyond the one that is locked in) is that the PGA being played in May opens several regions within the country where it was just too hot to play in August.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom