[Phil Kornblut] Tom Herman has signed an agreement in principle with South Carolina | Syracusefan.com

[Phil Kornblut] Tom Herman has signed an agreement in principle with South Carolina

Czar

All Conference
We are told today a tentative agreement on an offer in principle between USC and Tom Herman has been reached. The deal is contingent on Herman and his wife liking what they see when they visit USC and Herman and Ray Tanner being comfortable with one another. That visit could take place as early as Sunday or the first part of next week depending on the outcome of Houston’s game Friday with Navy. A Houston loss would expedite the process. All information at this time points toward Herman. All other names are simply fallback prospects should things not work out with Herman.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2015/11/24/usc-coaching-search-whos-hot-whos-not-verson-1-0/

How could he agree to anything without knowing if he was comfortable with the AD? That seems odd to me. And you better make sure the wife is happy :)

So much for Houston retaining him with the $3 Mil salary offer.

Tells me that there is no hope for a smaller school to retain a coach if the big dogs come callin.

So much for Houston retaining him with the $3 Mil salary offer.

Tells me that there is no hope for a smaller school to retain a coach if the big dogs come callin.

Here is where I don't think it's always about money. I think in this case it's about coaching at the top of the profession and a real shot to win a NC.

3 mil is a lot. I can't imagine he'll be making 'that' much more.

Here is where I don't think it's always about money. I think in this case it's about coaching at the top of the profession and a real shot to win a NC.

Maybe, but when is it not about money unless you are Boeheim.

I think it will be. There is no way that these universities are signing these TV deals and then keeping coaching salaries somewhat flat.

I think it will be. There is no way that these universities are signing these TV deals and then keeping coaching salaries somewhat flat.
yeah you're probably right. Spurrier made 4 mil so I'm watching this one with great curiosity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom