Phil Steele Magazine | Syracusefan.com

Phil Steele Magazine

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
Picked up my 2013 copy yesterday and am somewhat shocked about his ACC selections. No love at all for the Cuse with BC being ranked ahead of us in the Atlantic Division. Also, he gives the Orange RB's the #6 position with a 1,153 & 850+ runners returning below UVA, 700+ & VT, 350+ runners.
I know that Steele picked the Cuse to finish last in the BE in 2012 and maybe this years prediction will be a blessing.

Steele picks Cuse to do poorly every year. 2 out of the last 3 years he has been horribly wrong. I believe he picked us to win 0 Big east games last year... whoops!

Agree! There aren't too many mag's out there showing the Cuse any respect. I do like the fact that we did finish strong with the bowl blowout of WVU and promoting HCSS was the best move possible to keep things moving in the right direction.
Did see one magazine showing that Clemson will be on upset alert when they visit the Dome. Mentions the WVU game in '11 and Louisville in '12.

I may be thinking of someone else, but I thought Phil Steele was the guy who was fairly accurate in his predictions...no?

I may be thinking of someone else, but I thought Phil Steele was the guy who was fairly accurate in his predictions...no?

Phil Steele is one of the more respected guys who are published. Just doesn't know anything about the Orange.

I prefer the "underdog" approach because they won't see us sneaking in the back door and locking it behind them. And yes I said sneaking in the back door

Picked up my 2013 copy yesterday and am somewhat shocked about his ACC selections. No love at all for the Cuse with BC being ranked ahead of us in the Atlantic Division. Also, he gives the Orange RB's the #6 position with a 1,153 & 850+ runners returning below UVA, 700+ & VT, 350+ runners.
I know that Steele picked the Cuse to finish last in the BE in 2012 and maybe this years prediction will be a blessing.

Where'd you grab a copy? I thought it wasn't available until the 18th?

You can call and ask him what is up every friday on XM radio.. last time I heard SU mentioned he was talking us up but I havent heard him discuss record lately.

if you preorder two copies you got it early and at a pretty good discount.

If Cuse does do well then it'll be because the ACC is so weak.

Where'd you grab a copy? I thought it wasn't available until the 18th?
I just bought one today at lunch (at the Base Exchange). It is the best $8.99 spent. I use it throughout the season as a resource guide.

Put it on the bulletin board next to all the other crap poor mouthing us.

I just bought one today at lunch (at the Base Exchange). It is the best $8.99 spent. I use it throughout the season as a resource guide.
It's my CFB Bible every year. Will look around this wknd

I prefer the "underdog" approach because they won't see us sneaking in the back door and locking it behind them. And yes I said sneaking in the back door

Giggity giggity

You can call and ask him what is up every friday on XM radio.. last time I heard SU mentioned he was talking us up but I havent heard him discuss record lately.

if you preorder two copies you got it early and at a pretty good discount.

Raved about the job Marrone did, said SU way overachieved.

I love Phil Steele - it's the absolute perfect bathroom reading magazine.