Philadelphia | Syracusefan.com

Philadelphia

Toga

Living Legend
Wife and I will be driving down (from Albany) to visit for a couple of days in April. Oddly, though I've been to almost all of the states, I've never gone to Philadelphia (I realize it's not a state). Anyway, this is my question - are there places outside the city where you can park and take a train into downtown?

Last time I was in Philadelphia I saw multiple people take a dump on the sidewalk over the course of a weekend and then witnessed a young woman get punched in the face by a group of teenagers at 15th and Locust in the middle of a Saturday afternoon with dozens of people on the sidewalks.

It was like everything bad you hear about that place.

That said, we had some excellent meals there and there are a lot of interesting places to see. And my sense is that it's pretty easy to ditch your car in someplace like Langhorne and hop on SEPTA.

Last time I was in Philadelphia I saw multiple people take a dump on the sidewalk over the course of a weekend and then witnessed a young woman get punched in the face by a group of teenagers at 15th and Locust in the middle of a Saturday afternoon with dozens of people on the sidewalks.

That said, we had some excellent meals there and there are a lot of interesting places to see. And my sense is that it's pretty easy to ditch your car in someplace like Langhorne and hop on SEPTA.
Maybe sidewalk dumps are a Philly thing.

Were they carrying a bag for disposable.

I love philly...it’s kooky but awesome...

Urban Farmer...the end

CalmAmpleLaughingthrush-small.gif

They are definitely a thing among the San Diego homeless as well.

Wife and I will be driving down (from Albany) to visit for a couple of days in April. Oddly, though I've been to almost all of the states, I've never gone to Philadelphia (I realize it's not a state). Anyway, this is my question - are there places outside the city where you can park and take a train into downtown?
If you are going site seeing you will need to get their early. One of the bells there has this big crack in it but people still want to wait in line for a couple hours to see it. Visiting the Liberty Bell Center in Philadelphia | Free Tours by Foot

I was only there once and did not wait in line to see the liberty bell nor the Declaration of Independence but I can see why people would want to. The history is simply amazing.

I did do a tour of the Philadelphia Mint and visited Ben Franklin's grave. Both were thumbs up. I couldn't tell you more except I was in Philly another time for a convention at the convention center and ate a few times at the Reading Market which is right next door. That, in itself, is a tourist attraction.

My girlfriend and I went down for a long weekend last spring and really enjoyed the Eastern State Penitentiary. Cool look at an old prison with a lot of history. Definitely a unique city but we had a good time.