Pick your star of the 2017 class | Syracusefan.com

Pick your star of the 2017 class

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Who do you think will have the biggest impact of this class? Obviously Tommy Devito will get a lot of posts but we have a sneakily good class. We really did a great job (no luck involved) holding on to quite a few recruits who really garnered a lot of attention as the year went on from bigger schools.

I'm having a hard time choosing between Nadarius Fagan and Nykeim Johnson.

Think Fagan will bring us a big hit linebacker that will feature that all over the field playmaking ability. I watch top NFL defenses and there seems to be a linebacker who seems to be in on every single play. I think Fagan can bring us that sort of talent and some hard knocks back to the dome. Nothing gets the dome rocking like a momentum shifting big hit/play on defense.

Love both Johnson's. The reason I pick Nykeim is because, as described in videos, he seems like a real leader and alpha. The kids lightning fast with compact power. I think he'll give our quarterbacks a reliable target that can shake a few and get out in the open field. Looking for him to be a big play/drive extender.

DE Kingsley Jonathan, give him some time in a D1 S&C program and playing DE instead of OLB he will be the King of the North.
Backup would be TE Ravian Pierce, this is the type of weapon that will give defenses one more thing to worry about and can make a difference game one.

1. RTB - think this kid is going to be unstoppable in 2 years
2. Dakota Davis - could see him developing into an all-ACC center by the time he graduates
3. Nadarius Fagan - just seems like a beast

Kadeem Trotter. We've had outstanding luck with Ohio players [Reyes, Smith, etc.] from big time programs, and there aren't too many that are more big time than Canton-McKinley.

This kid has the frame to easily pack on 30 more pounds. Once he does, sky is the limit.

I also will go with Nykiem just think he's insanely quick and as trueblue mentioned deceptively powerful.

This is a really strong class that the staff has put together and it will be interesting to see what additions are made over the next few months off the Grad/JUCO waiver wire.

I think there are a legit 7-10 kids in this class that have a shot at playing on Sundays and it's been a long time since I've felt that way about a recruiting class.

My picks for early impact guys are Pierce and Nykeim Johnson. I think Pierce has a shot to play on Sundays. Don't feel the same about NJ but i do think he can play immediately on specials and is physically ready to make an impact.

Top Stars when we look back on the class - TD, RTB, Fagan and Melifonwu.

This is a really strong class that the staff has put together and it will be interesting to see what additions are made over the next few months off the Grad/JUCO waiver wire.

I think there are a legit 7-10 kids in this class that have a shot at playing on Sundays and it's been a long time since I've felt that way about a recruiting class.

My picks for early impact guys are Pierce and Nykeim Johnson. I think Pierce has a shot to play on Sundays. Don't feel the same about NJ but i do think he can play immediately on specials and is physically ready to make an impact.

Top Stars when we look back on the class - TD, RTB, Fagan and Melifonwu.
^^^ On board with your thinking... I think Pierce is going to catch balls in the middle/deep middle, a threat like we have not seen in a while from that position. I think NJ gets minutes because he has the type of speed and shiftiness that make OC's smile..."go Daddy speed".

Who do you think will have the biggest impact of this class? Obviously Tommy Devito will get a lot of posts but we have a sneakily good class. We really did a great job (no luck involved) holding on to quite a few recruits who really garnered a lot of attention as the year went on from bigger schools.

I'm having a hard time choosing between Nadarius Fagan and Nykeim Johnson.

Think Fagan will bring us a big hit linebacker that will feature that all over the field playmaking ability. I watch top NFL defenses and there seems to be a linebacker who seems to be in on every single play. I think Fagan can bring us that sort of talent and some hard knocks back to the dome. Nothing gets the dome rocking like a momentum shifting big hit/play on defense.

Love both Johnson's. The reason I pick Nykeim is because, as described in videos, he seems like a real leader and alpha. The kids lightning fast with compact power. I think he'll give our quarterbacks a reliable target that can shake a few and get out in the open field. Looking for him to be a big play/drive extender.

I like Coley. Big rangy guy, fluid in his turns. I liked his film the best of anyone. I think he'll jump Williams at free safety and never look back.

I like Coley. Big rangy guy, fluid in his turns. I liked his film the best of anyone. I think he'll jump Williams at free safety and never look back.
Even without Coley playing this year, I think Williams has a difficult time making the 2-deep.

Last edited:
I say Melifonwu I think he starts at corner opposite Butler. I think he will be a beast at CB he has the size and speed and amazing Ball skills. It will be hard for teams to beat him over the top.

Fagan will be gone after three seasons as a 1st or 2nd round nfl draft pick. He is that good.

I do love fagan and think he will be a beast here. That said, he better add 30# to sniff the league. Right now listed at 6'2/200#.

Sharod Johnson. He has decent size and wingspan for a slot guy. Played for a big time program in south Florida. He just has an it factor to me. Might not be as fast as Nykiem but he change direction at full speed. Also the second slot spot seems to be wide open.

I do love fagan and think he will be a beast here. That said, he better add 30# to sniff the league. Right now listed at 6'2/200#.
Maybe a safety in the nfl? Lose 10 lbs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom