Pick your star of the 2017 class | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pick your star of the 2017 class

I thought that Zaire struggled in the beginning of the season. He seemed to be thinking too much and not playing. That shouldn't have surprised anyone. Zaire settled in to a nice zone in the middle of the season. He had a harder time at the end without Clark in the lineup. Too many guards were getting to the second level and getting their hands on him. I expect Zaire to have a great senior season. NO freshman in the ACC would start over him this season. Richards will be a player but not in 2017.

Just a reminder that from the 2016 class Clark, Clarke, Walton, O'Sullivan, Servais, Heckel, and Nelson all redshirted last year.

New scheme was a big issue. Lots of thinking lots of confusion. Returning everyone for year two should have a big impact.

Somewhat of an upgrade to the depth should help to. Can't have guys like Clark playing so many snaps. Need a rotation.

Last edited:
I thought that Zaire struggled in the beginning of the season. He seemed to be thinking too much and not playing. That shouldn't have surprised anyone. Zaire settled in to a nice zone in the middle of the season. He had a harder time at the end without Clark in the lineup. Too many guards were getting to the second level and getting their hands on him. I expect Zaire to have a great senior season. NO freshman in the ACC would start over him this season. Richards will be a player but not in 2017.
Yep.

Just a reminder that from the 2016 class Clark, Clarke, Walton, O'Sullivan, Servais, Heckel, and Nelson all redshirted last year.
Carl Jones too, right?

Most Syracuse guys get that treatment from him. He's a Rutgers guy.
On a positive note...he talked up other recruits that might be flying a little under everyone's radar. Maybe he just assumed everyone knew about TD, Fagan, Richards, Williams et al.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not defending Dohn. He's about as qualified to make talent evaluations as Ronnie Milsap, Jose Feliciano, Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder.

It was goofy for him to start off by saying we play in a southern conference and have no regional rivalries. Huh? We play BC and Pitt every year.

Buttgers plays in a Midwest conference.

Anyhow they talked up under the radar guys; Dakota Davis; mean & nasty will make and impact, The King and Harper. The other scout guy said schools will regret not recruiting The King.

It was goofy for him to start off by saying we play in a southern conference and have no regional rivalries. Huh? We play BC and Pitt every year.

Buttgers plays in a Midwest conference.

Anyhow they talked up under the radar guys; Dakota Davis; mean & nasty will make and impact, The King and Harper. The other scout guy said schools will regret not recruiting The King.

It's good to sign The King.

history.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom