Pickard | Syracusefan.com

Pickard

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Any chance he leaves the program after the bowl game?

It would be nice to see him have a senior year- as much as he’s been injured he really hasn’t had a year yet, good or bad

Shaf was like Halloran in the Shining. Drove the Snowcat from Syracuse to Jersey in a blizzard with the entire staff to Land the Pick.

I'll say this. I am happy if he can play. It will add experience and depth. I know he hasn't played in almost two years but he got playing time his red shirt freshman year. Had a nice interception at Wake Forest in that hurricane. Jake Pickard is always engaged on the sideline, talking with teammates and always trying to get the crowd going. His attitude from what I have witnessed has never soured despite some bad breaks. I hope the young man can play and contribute and go out a winner. Go Jake Pickard, Go Orange!!!!!

I'll say this. I am happy if he can play. It will add experience and depth. I know he hasn't played in almost two years but he got playing time his red shirt freshman year. Had a nice interception at Wake Forest in that hurricane. Jake Pickard is always engaged on the sideline, talking with teammates and always trying to get the crowd going. His attitude from what I have witnessed has never soured despite some bad breaks. I hope the young man can play and contribute and go out a winner. Go Jake Pickard, Go Orange!!!!!
Yep but gotta be at DT, our ends are too good. He’s got the frame and should be able to make the switch to inside.

Yep but gotta be at DT, our ends are too good. He’s got the frame and should be able to make the switch to inside.
Yes they are. He would need to bulk up during the winter and spring and be at a weight for tackle by the fall. Lets hope he can do it and help out on the DT depth and have him have some success and finally enjoy college football on the field. Go Orange!!!!!!!

I've always worried that Jake would leave, particularly since his injuries have kept him off the field and he's been passed by numerous other, healthier players. But, when I see him on the sidelines, always active, always talking with his teammates, in the sideline huddles, I think this kid, as engaged as he is, is going nowhere. Hope he's back to full strength this season.

I really hope Jake gets some snaps this year at DE or TE.
Yeah, unlikely with Alton, Coleman, Berry, Jonathan and Richards on the roster.

We are a bit thin at DT and loaded at DE.

He might have a shot at TE but we don't use the TE that much and we also have Hackett, Elmore and Horan there too.

Find a place for him and give him a chance. He was pretty highly recruited coming out of high school. I know injuries have set him back and we haven’t seen what he is capable of, but I think he deserves a chance somewhere. He needs to work hard in the offseason and hit the weight room hard. Get back into football shape. I also have the utmost confidence that Dino will find that spot if Pickard wants to put in the work to earn it. Go Pickard and Go Cuse.

Was he practing by year end? he wasnt dressed for the bowl game i didnt think.

If the dude's had injury issues his entire career, I'm not sure trying to gain weight is in the best interests of his long term health.

Yes, this. Exactly my first thought.

I remember a vid seeing him do some crazy-high box jump, and thinking he’d be amazing for us off the edge, with that kind of explosion.
But the only thing that ever blew up for him was ligaments & tendons.
Sigh. :oops:

And, I hate to be “that guy”, but - just because Jake says he’s got no quit and can’t wait to come back - doesn’t mean he’s going to be afforded the opportunity to do so at Syracuse.
His plans & the coaching staff’s plans may not be the same.

Regardless of what happens or where, I hope Jake can have one last healthy, productive season, so he can head off into the rest of his life without a huge “what if” hanging over his head.

He seems like a great kid & teammate.

How can you not gain weight and not fat weight with an entire professional s&c staff and pretty much all rhe legal supplements and food u can eat.

Mind boggling especially for an early 20 something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom