Pics of Syracuse Athletics Past | Syracusefan.com

Pics of Syracuse Athletics Past

DoubleDee

All American
We have a funny picture, and an awesome picture thread. I'm going through a TON of old stuff in my collection. Programs, newspapers, schedule posters, etc. Some of these pics I'm finding bring back great memories, joy, and even old frustrations. I thought it would be fun to start a thread sharing these pics. Even share some stories. Feel free to add to the fun! (Can this be on Basketball forum also??)

I give you...

FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
Green, Kimmel, Pendock, and Winter.

IMG_9677.JPG

We have a funny picture, and an awesome picture thread. I'm going through a TON of old stuff in my collection. Programs, newspapers, schedule posters, etc. Some of these pics I'm finding bring back great memories, joy, and even old frustrations. I thought it would be fun to start a thread sharing these pics. Even share some stories. Feel free to add to the fun! (Can this be on Basketball forum also??)

I give you...

FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
Green, Kimmel, Pendock, and Winter.

View attachment 79535

Appropriately, this photo was released for the BC game and brought back to us just in time.

I can't wait until we get our 90's swagger back. I'm sick of being called "a basketball school." I very passionately believe that we're "a sports school."
Living in Tennessee, I'm constantly educating people about our history and that we were a football school before we were a basketball school. I asked a guy the other day, "Who do you think the best football player of all time was?"
He says, "Jim Brown."
I respond, "Syracuse."

I told him about the Mackey Award. He was unaware Marvin Harrison and McNabb were from Syracuse. He's a big NFL guy and roots for the Titans. I told him about Keith Bullock. He was surprised.

Last edited:
I can't wait until we get our 90's swagger back. I'm sick of being called "a basketball school." I very passionately believe that we're "a sports school."

I played golf with Gene Keady this past weekend and he even thinks that Syracuse is a football school. He saw Jim Brown play and said he was the best college player the he ever saw. Keady is cool, but he said Boeheim is a baby but one of the best coaches ever.

I played golf with Gene Keady this past weekend and he even thinks that Syracuse is a football school. He saw Jim Brown play and said he was the best college player the he ever saw. Keady is cool, but he said Boeheim is a baby but one of the best coaches ever.
Keady was an under-performing Boeheim wannabe with a bad toupe.

Guess he doesn't remember Bouie and Schayes killing him in West Lafayette

Syracuse-university_1910_archibald-stadium_oval.jpg

Archbold Stadium circa 1910

20845376-standard.jpg

Prinstein won 4 gold medals and 1 silver over the course of 3 Olympics.

olympic-games-london-england-1908winners-of-throwing-the-discus-h-picture-id514949418

Bill Horr (middle) was an AA football player at Syracuse who also won a silver and bronze medal at the 1908 Olympics.

vic-hanson-number-8-forward-of-the-syracuse-university-orange-mens-picture-id159837785

Sounds like the JB I know (and love)!