PINSTRIPE BOWL CONFIRMED? | Syracusefan.com

PINSTRIPE BOWL CONFIRMED?

Well, the person who set up the countdown seems convinced...

Rumblings from Manley says Pinstripe announces tonight or tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope Pinstripe switches to ACC. Wiki says their contract runs through 2013. Knowing the Yankees, I'd say highly likely they switch.

Hope Pinstripe switches to ACC. Wiki says their contract runs through 2013. Knowing the Yankees, I'd say highly likely they switch.
Not the Big 14? I know they would be dying to get Rutgers and all of their NYC fans to the game.

The bowls should be ashamed for not taking the best team. If it ends up Pinstripe, the team will be very disappointed. Though they'll never say it. Cold weather and bowl #4 for the best team.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The bowls should be ashamed for not taking the best team. If it ends up Pinstripe, the team will be very disappointed. Though they'll never say it. Cold weather and bowl #4 for the best team.

Bees, this is silly. I understand the insider stuff and all, but we DO have the 4th best record (strength of schedule notwithstanding - who looks at that BS nowadays anyway). Go tell that to "Rutgirls" and Cinci - we did LOSE to them, didn't we???

Homer.

Bees, this is silly. I understand the insider stuff and all, but we DO have the 4th best record (strength of schedule notwithstanding - who looks at that BS nowadays anyway). Go tell that to "Rutgirls" and Cinci - we did LOSE to them, didn't we???

That's right, nobody looks at the important stuff. And overall record does not have to br used. There is no doubt right now SU is the best team in the BE.

That's right, nobody looks at the important stuff. And overall record does not have to br used. There is no doubt right now SU is the best team in the BE.

Well, we should have won 2 more games then and all this would be moot.

If overall record is not to be used, then we're 5-2 in conference ... same as Louisville, Rutgers, and Cinci ... and we ARE 1-2 against them. How does that make us the best? Not that I don't want you to be right, mind you.

Homer.

He's not wrong. The difference between the 4 teams? 3 decided to fatten up on glorified high schools during the non-conference and we played a big boy schedule. It ended up costing us.

No, two of them didn't go 1-2 against the other 3. That's the difference. Has nada to do with SOS.

UL gets the BCS because they have the higher rank. RU and CINN have both been ranked this year, both have a better records, both tied us for the BEC, and both beat us. I'm not going to cry foul on this one.

Mandel of SI is projecting West Virginia to Holiday Bowl and SU-Texas Tech in Pinstripe. I worked this story all night, and unless I'm being lied to nobody really has a clue yet.

Dave, any idea if SU is lobbying for any particular bowl?

IMO Baylor would present a really difficult match-up for SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom