Pinstripe Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Bowl

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Sorry if already discussed--

What are the scenarios that will increase/decrease the likelihood of su being in it?

I want to head down with some friends, a mini reunion of sorts.

I've heard Pitt is pushing for a Pitt-WVU pinstripe bowl?

What are the scenarios that will increase/decrease the likelihood of su being in it?

If Pitt wins this week they very well may be selected. If they lose then they are not bowl eligible so if you want to see SU in NY again I would root for Pitt to lose this weekend.

There are just too many scenarios to speculate at this point. It depends on what happens with Baylor/WVU, UConn and Pitt. We just have to wait and see what happens. If Pitt and UConn both lose, we are Pinstripe bound. If Pitt wins and the Pinstripe chooses WVU over Baylor, I think we get knocked from Pinstripe to Compass. I think it's also possible the Pinstripe chooses UConn over SU if they win this weekend.

We are NY's college team, figure they'd want us for that. Right? ;)

There are just too many scenarios to speculate at this point. It depends on what happens with Baylor/WVU, UConn and Pitt. We just have to wait and see what happens. If Pitt and UConn both lose, we are Pinstripe bound. If Pitt wins and the Pinstripe chooses WVU over Baylor, I think we get knocked from Pinstripe to Compass. I think it's also possible the Pinstripe chooses UConn over SU if they win this weekend.
no. no, it's not.

no. no, it's not.

I agree. I dont see any scenario where they are taken over us in any bowl game let alone the Pinstripe. If Uconn gets in it will be the Beefaroni Bowl or whatever its called.

Belk picks ahead of Pinstripe.
If Yukon beats Cincy I suspect that the Orangemen will play in Charlotte.

Floyd made it sound like the University would prefer the Pinstripe, although the team might prefer Orlando or Charlotte.

no. no, it's not.
While it's not likely, it is still possible on the off-hand chance that the Pinstripe people don't want to repeat a team in just it's 3rd year of existence.

Belk picks ahead of Pinstripe.
If Yukon beats Cincy I suspect that the Orangemen will play in Charlotte.

Floyd made it sound like the University would prefer the Pinstripe, although the team might prefer Orlando or Charlotte.
This is what I'm hoping for.

While it's not likely, it is still possible on the off-hand chance that the Pinstripe people don't want to repeat a team in just it's 3rd year of existence.
but it's 15k at the least for Cuse and 5k at the most for Yukon. I think they'd much rather have a team that has proven it can bring the crowds.

If Uconn gets in it will be the Beefaroni Bowl or whatever its called.

Hey, that's what I call it. :)

I can't even remember the real name either.

but it's 15k at the least for Cuse and 5k at the most for Yukon. I think they'd much rather have a team that has proven it can bring the crowds.

Pinstripe Bowl is on a Saturday afternoon at 3:30 pm. I know I've been having fun at UConn's expense, but I think they'd show up in pretty good #'s for that very short trip on a weekend afternoon. I'm sure the school will probably promote some kind of "if you want big conferences to notice, then you better show up in full force for a bowl game that's less than 2 hours away" thing.

I don't think they get picked over us. But if they beat Cincy, I think we go to Belk. If Pitt loses (doubtful) or if WVU is picked by another Big 12 bowl first, then I think Pinstripe gives a serious look to UConn over Pitt or Cincy. I believe they'd have a healthy turnout.

cuseguy likes this

Pinstripe Bowl is on a Saturday afternoon at 3:30 pm. I know I've been having fun at UConn's expense, but I think they'd show up in pretty good #'s for that very short trip on a weekend afternoon. I'm sure the school will probably promote some kind of "if you want big conferences to notice, then you better show up in full force for a bowl game that's less than 2 hours away" thing.

I don't think they get picked over us. But if they beat Cincy, I think we go to Belk. If Pitt loses (doubtful) or if WVU is picked by another Big 12 bowl first, then I think Pinstripe gives a serious look to UConn over Pitt or Cincy. I believe they'd have a healthy turnout.

cuseguy likes this
Lol at your inclusion at the bottom.

I think they still struggle with getting fans there because everyone's been so disillusioned with P on their side. They don't play attractive football, and if they get matched up against Baylor it will be 30-0 in the first quarter. Their fans can't have a positive outlook if that's the case. But it's all for naught because they won't beat Cincy.

Lol at your inclusion at the bottom.

I think they still struggle with getting fans there because everyone's been so disillusioned with P on their side. They don't play attractive football, and if they get matched up against Baylor it will be 30-0 in the first quarter. Their fans can't have a positive outlook if that's the case. But it's all for naught because they won't beat Cincy.

Yeah, that's a good point. There would be no confidence that their team could keep up against any of those Big 12 offenses. I guess it would be more like "hey you want to go down to NYC on a Saturday afternoon and get drunk? It will help UConn and we only have to stay for the first half".

Assuming they're a bunch of drunks (like me), that could be good for 15k.

Yeah, that's a good point. There would be no confidence that their team could keep up against any of those Big 12 offenses. I guess it would be more like "hey you want to go down to NYC on a Saturday afternoon and get drunk? It will help UConn and we only have to stay for the first half".

They'd draw some fans. Especially since it's easy for them to drive to New Haven, Bridgeport and Stamford and take the train to Yankee Stadium.

Of course it's always funny during Big East Tourney time how many Syracuse fans are on the same trains. It's 60/40 sometimes. CT SU alums always represent. :D

I mean, this is 95% of the reason I want the Pinstripe. I just want a weekend in NYC with football and Fireball.

I agree. I dont see any scenario where they are taken over us in any bowl game let alone the Pinstripe. If Uconn gets in it will be the Beefaroni Bowl or whatever its called.

I believe it's pronounced "Beefarino"

Team concerns: warm weather, girls wearing shorts and tank tops
University concerns: amount of ticket allotment they'll have to eat, travel costs to get team there and back

I believe the Pit wvu thing is just a rumor of sorts. Someone's idea of a dream game.Wxcept for those in the city.Everyone attending would be traveling from PA or the toothless population of Wes Virginia . Some hoping to catch a glimpse of porcelain toilet facilities for the first time.

Looks like we're out for the Russell, which is likely to take the looser of tonight's game (although it may wait until saturday if 'Ville looses - to see if Cinci wins).

Russell: 2.2 M
Belk: 1.7 M
NEPS: 1.8 M

I'll take NYC and the extra $100k all day.

Links: http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2012/11/syracuse_football_bowl_destina.html
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2012/11/syracuse_football_team_has_sev.html[/quote]

If that's the case, then I hope the team ends up in New York, too. Unless the kids really want to see Charlotte in December, I have to think Belk (I can hardly bring myself to type the name of this bowl game without putting it in quotes) is a distant third choice.

Orlando would be nice; there's the novelty angle and we have a few Floridians on the team. New York would be a nice consolation prize (and possibly preferable to a number of the freshman and sophomores who didn't get to experience the 2010 game).[/quote]

If that's the case, then I hope the team ends up in New York, too. Unless the kids really want to see Charlotte in December, I have to think Belk (I can hardly bring myself to type the name of this bowl game without putting it in quotes) is a distant third choice.

Orlando would be nice; there's the novelty angle and we have a few Floridians on the team. New York would be a nice consolation prize (and possibly preferable to a number of the freshman and sophomores who didn't get to experience the 2010 game).
[/quote]
Agreed on orlando with recruiting/fan-base (not to mention that a beer and a steak at church-street station wouldn't be torture).

It's a confusing ending to a crazy BE fb year ... with the possibility of LV, Rutgirls and Cinci all winding up 5-2 like SU. Although the other teams have better records overall, we had a strong finish (5-1) and we have easily the highest SOS of any of the top BE teams (SU 46, Rutgirls 77, LV 90 and Cinci 97).
http://masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf&sub=FBS

I believe the Pit wvu thing is just a rumor of sorts. Someone's idea of a dream game.Wxcept for those in the city.Everyone attending would be traveling from PA or the toothless population of Wes Virginia . Some hoping to catch a glimpse of porcelain toilet facilities for the first time.

Gotta be honest, I would go to a Pitt-WVU Pinstripe bowl game - I'll already be in the city that week, and the potential for destruction and mayhem when those two fan bases collide would be worth the price of admission. Not even sure I'd watch any of the game, I'd focus my attention on the crowd and the myriad of fistfights breaking out for 3 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom