Pitino loses to BC | Syracusefan.com

Pitino loses to BC

Can’t stand him St John’s imploding would be excellent.

Top of the NBE is very good but rank and file after UConn/Marquette/creighton look to be way down.

Very good thing for the ACC since we can get those bids.
Yeah but that zone 1-3-1 he plays is tough.

The New Big East is not having a good year.

Nova, Seton Hall, St John's, PC, Georgetown are all crappy. DePaul is 2-7. Villanova can't get swept by St Joe's and Drexel in the Big 5 tournament.

Thank God for Creighton and Marquette.
Someone has to get those bids and I don’t think the Big 12 is projecting every team to make the field of 68 like it was at this time last year. WCC isn’t getting a second team either after the Zags St Mary’s has 5 losses.

SEC + Big Ten will get a bunch of teams but nothing crazy.

We definitely want to root for the likes of UNC and Duke to win their big non conference games this weekend Clemson to stay undefeated etc.

Season takes on a completely different tone in a good way if we beat Oregon and Pitt to end 2023.

The New Big East is not having a good year.

Nova, Seton Hall, St John's, PC, Georgetown are all crappy. DePaul is 2-7. Villanova can't get swept by St Joe's and Drexel in the Big 5 tournament.

Thank God for Creighton and Marquette.
Yeah, but Nova also won a couple of big games against good teams. Justin Moore has been injured. I don’t think Nova is crappy at all, but Neptune might not be the greatest coach. Providence and SJU might turn out to be pretty decent too.

Yeah, but Nova also won a couple of big games against good teams. Justin Moore has been injured. I don’t think Nova is crappy at all, but Neptune might not be the greatest coach. Providence and SJU might turn out to be pretty decent too.
They have some talent. Good win for Nova over UCLA over the weekend.

But it looks to me as though the BET is going to be a bunch of UConn fans cheering things on by themselves. It's not what you want if you are the NBE commissioner.

The perceived mystique of 71+ year old Rick Pitino for some on this board, coming off a meh stint at Iona, continues to both shock & baffle me. Why, of all people, would this dude be your choice to replace Boeheim? It went as far as some saying that we had to replace an old, stale & tired 78+ year old JB who can't connect with/coach young players in the age of NIL & transfer portal... with a fresh, energetic & relevant... 71 year old Rick Pitino. Haha it will never compute for me.

National media couldn't contain their excitement when Pitino was hired with all kinds of crazy predictions for St. John's. Then they lost to a Michigan team that immediately lost to Long Beach State and everyone moved on like nothing happened. But if he wins 5 of 6 they'll come crawling back.

National media couldn't contain their excitement when Pitino was hired with all kinds of crazy predictions for St. John's. Then they lost to a Michigan team that immediately lost to Long Beach State and everyone moved on like nothing happened. But if he wins 5 of 6 they'll come crawling back.
To be fair, JB is on the record saying St John's is a top 15-20 team. I think they'll get better. Great win by BC and if St John's does get it together, that will be a good NET boost for BC and the ACC.

Pitino is a former SU guy. never dissed us that i recall. you turn on family holiday time ?

Transition year for nbe I think. Cooley and Pitino are just ramping up. Providence got disrupted by Cooley move but still appear decent. Xavier is banged up.

Future looks good for them I would think. They have made some really good coaching hires.

To be fair, JB is on the record saying St John's is a top 15-20 team. I think they'll get better. Great win by BC and if St John's does get it together, that will be a good NET boost for BC and the ACC.
They may get better but right now they don't even look like a top 50 team. I think JB was trying to punch up his buddy.

Pitino is a former SU guy. never dissed us that i recall. you turn on family holiday time ?
Do you live under a ROCK???
He has continuously trashed Syracuse on numerous interviews over the years.

We haven't played BC yet and if we did tomorrow it would probably be a pick 'em depending where the game was.
Yeah, BC actually hasn't looked their usual terrible self this year.

I think the Big East will get 5 bids but definitely not the 7 NBE fans were bragging about. This was supposed to be a deeper year for them but they do have 3 top-10 teams.

Yeah, BC actually hasn't looked their usual terrible self this year.
Their center, Post, is very good. From the Netherlands, a 7 footer who shoots 3’s at a 47% rate, and what really impresses me even more is his ability to pass. He had 9 assists against St John’s and averages 3.4 assists/ game more than either of our guards. He makes his teammates better, very European versatile type center.

Do you live under a ROCK???
He has continuously trashed Syracuse on numerous interviews over the years.
never once heard pitino trash JB. quite the contrary i've heard nothing but gratitude and respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom