Pitino | Syracusefan.com

Pitino

Nicknack

All Conference
ESPN talking about Pitino's coaching future.

If Pitino ever coaches another college game, that will signify how screwed up college basketball is. Oh wait...

As much of a sleeze job as Cal is, the hookers and taking shoe money seems worse to me. I will lose all respect for Georgia if they make such a hire.

How much respect did you have for UGA athletic dept to lose?

I knew Fox a bit from charity events, was rooting for him. Could never put a great team together, did bring in better talent.

If he wants to work there will be a program that wants him.

Be surprised if pitino doesnt get slapped with long show cause when this is over. Probably why he wants a job asap

If I thought Pitino was an outlier, I'd care if he got a job. Since I don't believe he is, zero issue with UGA hiring him if they went that route.

Fwiw, UGA Football has women all over the place following recruits around at games and recruiting visits etc. Fans in the know would admit to you that they are not coeds...

ESPN talking about Pitino's coaching future.

If Pitino ever coaches another college game, that will signify how screwed up college basketball is. Oh wait...
As Don Michael Corleone once said: “Senator, we’re all part of the same hypocrisy”.
If the Mutts up in Storrs had any cujones they’d hire Pitino. Despite his many shortcomings (see what i did there?), Slick Rick’s a GREAT coach who’d have that program resurrected in no time.
If Pearl, PayPalCal, Miller, and Petrino still have jobs, then I’d hold my nose and bring lil’ Ricky in.
Within a year or two & with a couple of NCAA appearances under his belt, nobody would care about his shady ethical record. If they wanna regain relevance and restore any hope in future realignment...hire Pitino!

Last edited:
If I thought Pitino was an outlier, I'd care if he got a job. Since I don't believe he is, zero issue with UGA hiring him if they went that route.
It will definitely be an SEC school who hires Pitino. They think this crooked basketball recruiting is funny...not 1/100th of the dirty crap that goes on in SEC football recruiting.

It will definitely be an SEC school who hires Pitino. They think this crooked basketball recruiting is funny...not 1/100th of the dirty crap that goes on in SEC football recruiting.
The SEC is determined to become a basketball power. Will be interesting to see how those schools with boosters playing in the Wild West will acclimate to basketball recruiting.

If you're UGA, and you always suck at basketball, why not hire Pitino? The SEC is committed to CBB, the other schools are pouring $$$ into facilities and coaches, freakin Bruce Pearl is leading Auburn to a high seed in the tourney and Cal is living easy at Kentucky.

NCAA will probably give him a couple of extra recruits per yer and a pile of bitcoin to help build UNLV's program

I wonder what reason UNLV will give to get around Pitino's show-cause penalty.

I wonder what reason UNLV will give to get around Pitino's show-cause penalty.

i always thought an interesting legal question would be what happens when a school hires a coach before a show cause penalty is instituted. penalties can be transferred when a when school hires a coach subject to a show cause penalty. does the same apply if at the time the hiring is done, the coach is not subject to the show cause?

another issue, show cause penalties are arguably unenforceable in california. one superior court judge held that, although that ruling isn't really binding on anyone. the ruling isn't a huge surprise since california looks very skeptically at non-competes clauses, which are not totally dissimilar. i know unlv is in nevada but would it follow a similar ruling?

Judge: NCAA show-cause penalty violates CA law

Last edited:
i wonder if rick helped JB gameplan for the louisville game??...it was like SU had mind control over Louisville last night...amazing defensive execution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom