Pitt blows it | Syracusefan.com

Pitt blows it

I can hear Dixon now "We should have won"

Then he gives his normal blow by handshake

Winning at Virginia is going to be a huge challenge.

Indiana is up 8 on Michigan with 7 minutes left for a little RPI boost.

Tell ya I'm not seeing anything on any of these teams that say make me say "uh-oh"
Duke was the closest.

Wow - Pitt plays the worst brand of basketball around. Glad I didn't watch that game - must have been painful on the eyes. What a difference from the game we played yesterday.

We just need to play somewhat like we're capable of and not to our competition (until the last few minutes where we pull away.)

Furthermore, we need to not let Pitt and UVA turn those games into rugby matches.

Hate Pitt. This gives UVA a chance at the league title since this was their hardest game except for us the rest of the year. Pitt screws us again. This gives us 3 huge road games (Pitt, UVA, Duke)

Credit UVA's defense but Patterson basically didn't show up today. Same for Zanna, really

Credit UVA's defense but Patterson basically didn't show up today. Same for Zanna, really

Seems to be a pattern in our games of the other team's best player not showing up. Either we're really lucky, or our defense has a little to do with it :)

Seriously though...incredible win by 'Cuse last night. Definite instant classic. Can't wait until March 1 in Cville...biggest game there in awhile.

Pitt had every opportunity to win that game and didn't get it done.
Missed FT's down the stretch and missed an easy putback after the missed 3 at the end.
The 3 by VA at the end were the only points scored by either team in the last 3:10 of the game.

I'm not so sure Pitt is a tournament team. They have literally lost to every good team they have faced.

UVA plays just like Pitt. Slow half court grinder ball. Physical muggings in the paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom