Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel

I read that as Tom Cruise... Leaving disappointed.
Maybe this will cheer you up
tumblr_m19x3apfB71qzu9gno1_500.gif

agree. i threw bucknell coach nathan davis' name into the mix the other day, along with nova assistant ashley howard. those are guys with pennsylvania roots and connections in the local recruiting scene. i think pitt would be better served getting someone young & building from scratch rather than going with another "name" retread
Schmidt from Bonaventure coached at Robert Morris for six seasons. The Duquesne coach, Keith Dambrot, has only been there for one season but he was the head coach at Akron for a long time and coached LeBron in HS. Will Brown has connections throughout the northeast. Plus those guys you mentioned. Both have good pedigrees. I'm not sure they are going to find another Ben Howland or another Jamie Dixon, but they need to build their program back to respectability. The ACC will be playing a 20 game conference schedule. That only gives you 11 out of conference games. You need to find someone who can get you at least 8 wins in conference.

Schmidt from Bonaventure coached at Robert Morris for six seasons. The Duquesne coach, Keith Dambrot, has only been there for one season but he was the head coach at Akron for a long time and coached LeBron in HS. Will Brown has connections throughout the northeast. Plus those guys you mentioned. Both have good pedigrees. I'm not sure they are going to find another Ben Howland or another Jamie Dixon, but they need to build their program back to respectability. The ACC will be playing a 20 game conference schedule. That only gives you 11 out of conference games. You need to find someone who can get you at least 8 wins in conference.
one would hope the search firm they are paying gives them as many non-retread names as you have

Georgia boosters must have put together a million dollar recruiting fund to buy recruits. Otherwise he wouldn't be going to a school that has been a non factor in hoops.

If Pitt wasn't decimated think would've been there.

I agree it is my opinion. He is a good recruiter, but not a good Xs and Os coach.

He did well at Marquette and parlayed that into a blue blood hire which he turned from septic tank into a contender. Not a fan of him but it's amazing how underrated he is here which is scary because this may be the only place he's underrated.

He did well at Marquette and parlayed that into a blue blood hire which he turned from septic tank into a contender. Not a fan of him but it's amazing how underrated he is here which is scary because this may be the only place he's underrated.
Don't believe that he is not regarded as underrated in Indiana after the coaching job he did there the last several years.

dont know why he turned down UGA but Thad would be a good hire for them. credible coach who already has big time contacts in the area

8 (!!) players are receiving their release to transfer from Pitt. Wonder if they'll even be able to field a team next year

If I'm Pitt's AD and my program is basically being torn down and built back up again, why am I going for a re-tread? Did I not learn my lesson from Stallings?

Wait til the tourney is over and go full force at whoever the new hot young coaches are. Its not rocket science and it seems to be a strategy that works.

I liked Crean a lot after he was on “Pardon My Take.” But those guys can make even Joe Buck likable.

dont know why he turned down UGA but Thad would be a good hire for them. credible coach who already has big time contacts in the area
Personal and family reasons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom