Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel

i read today that kevin willard is in the mix for the pitt gig

Hello Willard.
be7845dd-01c0-4559-b9b4-d4b8659f391f_thumb.jpg

Makes sense, considering how much time he spent around that program as a kid and that he played there.

Why would anyone hire Miller right now?

Why would anyone established take the Pitt job right now?

He probably isn't confident that the U of A BOT aren't going to fire him in the near future, so this would preemptively keep him one step ahead of the lynch mob.

And while Pitt is in shambles, it's a landing spot, he's an alum, so he can pretend plausibly that this is what he "wants."

8 (!!) players are receiving their release to transfer from Pitt. Wonder if they'll even be able to field a team next year

Just read a few minutes ago that Pitt is talking to Sean Miller, and that Miller is interested in coaching there (probably figures it is the only place that will take him!).

How does Miller get hired by anybody when he's caught on FBI tape discussing a $100,000 payment to a recruit???

Pitt probably leaked the Miller “interest” to put pressure on Danny Hurley to make a decision.

Brandin Knight is the obvious choice.
What better background than being a great Pitt player, a long time assistant at Pitt and - best of all - the assistant head coach at Rutgers?

If I were Willard I’d stay put. He’s done a solid job at the Hall and unless the FBI thing goes bad for him he could be there for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom