Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel

To be clear, I think Goodman is an idiot. And don’t think this is true. I have no inside info, but can’t imagine this ever happening.

To be clear, I think Goodman is an idiot. And don’t think this is true. I have no inside info, but can’t imagine this ever happening.
it's illogical but i said on another thread, goodman carries Mike's water alot .I don't think this is spitballing at all. Hopkins may not be happy Wash, may want to get east, etc. I have no idea but he's always promoting Mike and this is another instance.

it's illogical but i said on another thread, goodman carries Mike's water alot .I don't think this is spitballing at all. Hopkins may not be happy Wash, may want to get east, etc. I have no idea but he's always promoting Mike and this is another instance.

I think Goodman carries anyone's water who will give him water.

Might Hopkins want a raise based on his performance at UW his first year? Possibly. But he certainly doesn't want to come East for Pitt. Let's get real and have a little sense.

I think Goodman carries anyone's water who will give him water.

Might Hopkins want a raise based on his performance at UW his first year? Possibly. But he certainly doesn't want to come East for Pitt. Let's get real and have a little sense.

Yup. Mike's not coming East for Syracuse. He's sure not coming back for Pitt.

Translation ... nobody is returning their calls.

Here's an unsolicited tip for you Ms. Pitt AD (or anyone on their athletic board):

Resist the urge to leak the names of those you are pursuing. This is going to be a long haul. You might get 12 "thanks, but no thanks" before someone accepts. By leaking, you are letting the college basketball universe know that you're program is STRUGGLING. We can all count.

Remember former Tennessee AD, John Currie. That did not go too well, did it?

Shut your pie holes.
No problem. You're welcome.

Pretty stupid of Pitt & Goodman/Zagoria to leak/report info that’s 100% ridiculous.

Hopkins to Pitt is and never was going to happen.

Pitt offers jon scheyer

scheyer9_feature.jpg.cf.jpg

Why not offer Greg Paulus?

Played for Coach K, assistant at Navy, Ohio St., and Louisville. When he was at OSU he basically ran their offense.

This thread confuses me. Why are people taking joy in Pitts misery? They are very down but this is a great job. It has tremendous potential for the right guy. They made a bad choice but the right hire now will put them back in a good situation before too long. They have been a great rival and I don’t understand Cuse fans rooting for the demise of programs just because they have beaten us in the past. Georgetown UConn Pitt... those guys being goood/ great is what made it so fun in my eyes. I for one hope they make a good hire and get good again quickly.

This thread confuses me. Why are people taking joy in Pitts misery? They are very down but this is a great job. It has tremendous potential for the right guy. They made a bad choice but the right hire now will put them back in a good situation before too long. They have been a great rival and I don’t understand Cuse fans rooting for the demise of programs just because they have beaten us in the past. Georgetown UConn Pitt... those guys being goood/ great is what made it so fun in my eyes. I for one hope they make a good hire and get good again quickly.

They have no players and very limited official visits left. They have to dig out of the bottom of the toughest league in the nation. I don't see why any coach would take this job unless they were a lifelong assistant and wanted a head coaching job. Any head coaching job. See Robinson, Greg.

They were fun. But working towards competing with Duke, UNC and Virginia while maintaining bad blood with UL and nova is more fun.

We’re just not that into pitt, gtown or uconn anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom