Pitt Game Thread... | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where? Who?

And show me one time in a Bills thread where I've blamed the refs for a loss. I'll be waiting.

You do a lot of whining about the refs. We'll just agree to disagree.

I don’t know what that means. What happens if we don’t drop what looks like a TD on the first play of the game?

They didn’t get to 300. Or anywhere close to it. There was one horrible drop for, but that’s football. They happen. Some of the other drops were bad throws due to pressure.
But at least 3 were right in their hands, and our offensive adjustment was throw it up and hope for a pi and you know what it worked

You do a lot of whining about the refs. We'll just agree to disagree.

Ah, moving the goalposts, I see. First, it was "blaming refs for a loss", and now it's "whining about the refs". Still waiting to see the multitude of people here who blamed tonight's loss on the overturn...

It's ok to call a spade a spade. If refs do a bad job, they should be called out. Same as players and coaches. sorry if that offends you.

Am I allowed to admit we played awful and still be furious at the refs for absolutely crapping on the one known fact about replay in that you cannot overturn without conclusive evidence? Asking if that’s allowed because apparently I can’t according to some upthread?

It’s pretty mind blowing that they seemingly just changed the rules on the fly regarding replay.

Can’t blame the refs for the poor discipline, terrible OL, Foster’s dropped INT. At least the team had energy with Welch in there but we still stink, just with more effort to not stink

Syracuse did a lot of things wrong.
That doesn't excuse the refs screwing us out of having the ball down by 7 with 1:58 left around the Pitt 35-yard line.

Am I allowed to admit we played awful and still be furious at the refs for absolutely crapping on the one known fact about replay in that you cannot overturn without conclusive evidence? Asking if that’s allowed because apparently I can’t according to some upthread?

Yes, you are most certainly allowed.

Devils advocate here, maybe they had a view we didn’t see

Ah, moving the goalposts, I see. First, it was "blaming refs for a loss", and now it's "whining about the refs". Still waiting to see the multitude of people here who blamed tonight's loss on the overturn...

It's ok to call a spade a spade. If refs do a bad job, they should be called out. Same as players and coaches. sorry if that offends you.

I admit they missed the damn call! I'd rather focus on all that we did wrong and see if it can be corrected. Sorry if that offends you. Put me on ignore if you want.

I admit they missed the damn call! I'd rather focus on all that we did wrong and see if it can be corrected. Sorry if that offends you. Put me on ignore if you want.

Pretty sure that nothing that's said here will correct what the players and coaches did wrong.

The two are not mutually exclusive, but we were never realistically threatening to win this game, IMO.
Last game vs NCSU we trailed, made a rally, came up short. But you never got the sense that we’d make a play when we needed to.
So call me a skeptic, but the refs were not the major issue. We’re a bad football team. That’s why we lose- not because of some blown calls.
Taking that view on its own, is simply not seeing the forest for the trees.

Last edited:
We aren’t Shafer or GRob bad.
This team has major flaws on the OL But we aren’t garbage.
6CB76F86-7419-4434-BC8F-CE3CE77B99B8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors