Pitt Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Thoughts

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Watched most of their game with UNC last night.

Pitt has a good back out of NYC named Abanikanda who got 127 yards on 26 carries. He is very fast but is not a power runner. I think he is a better matchup for us. They have another RB named Hampton who is a power guy but he was a non-factor last night.

Slovis had another poor game, going 14-31 for 236 yards. Jared Wayne, who is from Petersborough, ON, had 7 catches for 161 yards and is their only decent WR.

UNC threw the ball almost exclusively. Their top RB had 8 carries for 18 yards. They have 2 very good WRs in Downs and another Green and they both had 10 and 11 catches and both ended ups ithover 100 yards receiving. As always.Pitt went with man coverage and their CBs played very physical. They were called for some PIs but the UNCs were better athletes and were able to runaway from or hold them off to make big catches.

Gadsden should be able to have a big day against these guys. Hoping Hatcher can build on what he started against ND. The key is keeping the excellent Pitt DL out of our backfield on pass plays.

Watched most of their game with UNC last night.

Pitt has a good back out of NYC named Abanikanda who got 127 yards on 26 carries. He is very fast but is not a power runner. I think he is a better matchup for us. They have another RB named Hampton who is a power guy but he was a non-factor last night.

Slovis had another poor game, going 14-31 for 236 yards. Jared Wayne, who is from Petersborough, ON, had 7 catches for 161 yards and is their only decent WR.

UNC threw the ball almost exclusively. Their top RB had 8 carries for 18 yards. They have 2 very good WRs in Downs and another Green and they both had 10 and 11 catches and both ended ups ithover 100 yards receiving. As always.Pitt went with man coverage and their CBs played very physical. They were called for some PIs but the UNCs were better athletes and were able to runaway from or hold them off to make big catches.

Gadsden should be able to have a big day against these guys. Hoping Hatcher can build on what he started against ND. The key is keeping the excellent Pitt DL out of our backfield on pass plays.
Sorry, Abanikanda scares the crap out of me.

Sorry, Abanikanda scares the crap out of me.
Yes, he ran hard and seems like he’ll get positive yardage after contact. Something that Tucker used to be good for. :(

I hope CDRW gets the start with Shraders injury. Hoping it will ignite the offense and maybe also ignite Dr Bob’s creativity.
Agree. Shrader’s legs are so important to his game. Those scrambles sustain drives and our d is beat up. Lost field position battle yesterday and at point of attack

Thought Wilson showed ability yesterday and in contrast to prior years our back up is a better option than our beat up starter. Let him get experience and get shrader healthier. Also worry about him being able to protect himself out there if he’s hurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom