pittsburg | Syracusefan.com

pittsburg

tipphill

All Conference
seriously, how do they recruit so well???? what is the attraction. i do think pittsburg is a very nice city.

200w.gif

They don’t. Narduzzi has never had a top 25 recruiting class. This cycle they have 6 3*’s average 85.57, nothing to write home about.

That being said, that staff is great a coaching players up, especially on the DL.

Pit usually gets .85 or .86 and above recruits.

I just can never understand how we loss kids to West Virginia. We have offered a number of kids and they seem to narrow it down and select West Virginia.

I know they have had a better record recently but every time we have played them recently su has won.

Pr

I just can never understand how we loss kids to West Virginia. We have offered a number of kids and they seem to narrow it down and select West Virginia.

I know they have had a better record recently but every time we have played them recently su has won.
Pretty rare imo that we lose head to head in important recruiting battles vs wvu.

seems to be Pitt, UL, BC and Georgia Tech that hurt us the most without including the obvious ones in Miami, FSU, Clemson, PSU, ND etc.

WVU sells out a 60,000 seat stadium every game.

I think you can't overlook the ease of getting admitted to WVU. Not saying that's the deal in all cases but it certainly is an advantage over Syracuse.

Someone’s been rage viewing two-fer-7 6 months before signing day again
looked at 2021 vs 2020----i see that u remain as diligent as ever. i feel much safer that you are observing the perimeter

They play a better and more exciting style (winning) in a better league. Its a beautiful campus and I have never heard a bad thing about Morgantown from people who have attended. Plus WV Barbie (maybe one of the mods could find those old posts so there is context for the newbies.)

Last edited:

Because a house plant can get admitted to WVU

Because a house plant can get admitted to WVU
SU has free passes for athletes. When we met with the Georgetown soccer coach, he said he got 8 free passes a year. If he didn't use them, he would let other coaches use them. Outside of Stanford, Vandy, Rice and maybe a couple of others, most schools have special admissions standards for athletes.

Pitt has beaten us more head to head lately, they have a good reputation for running backs and D line play in recent years. They are never terrible but never great. When you consistenly win 7-8 games it allows you to get a few 4 stars each year. You can always tell 4 star prospects you are a few players from being a 10 win team. Sharing their facilities with the steelers is a big thing too. Ive had players tell me it was a factor in their recruitment.

Last edited:
SU has free passes for athletes. When we met with the Georgetown soccer coach, he said he got 8 free passes a year. If he didn't use them, he would let other coaches use them. Outside of Stanford, Vandy, Rice and maybe a couple of others, most schools have special admissions standards for athletes.
Everyone from Harvard/MIT/CalTech on down has special admissions standards for athletes. The only question is how much lower in comparison to the average admitted student they're willing to go and where that average admitted student rates in comparison to other schools.

Everyone from Harvard/MIT/CalTech on down has special admissions standards for athletes. The only question is how much lower in comparison to the average admitted student they're willing to go and where that average admitted student rates in comparison to other schools.
At one point in my career I worked in the admissions office of an SEC school. Special admission standards were not just for athletes, but for other special designated student groups such as performing arts, marching band, etc. I remember reviewing a group of marching band candidates who didn’t quite meet admission standards, but were eligible for special “Presidential selection” criteria.

I’m still of the belief that private universities will have a much more challenging road ahead than public universities in terms of maintaining elite athletic programs. Public universities have a feeder of students/fans that don’t necessarily need to be recruited. Almost all students/fans at private universities need to be recruited in one form or another. Plus, a private university’s long-term health is more intimately tied to their academic reputation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom