Play 6 But Give Everyone More Rest | Syracusefan.com

Play 6 But Give Everyone More Rest

OrangeYaGladi

2018-19 Iggies Hoops Regular Season/ACC Record
If JB wanted to, he could keep the short bench but still prevent anyone from playing the full 40.

The answer is Silent G. He needs to play more.

If you give G 25 mins a game, rotating across the 1,2, and wings of the zone, he could spell everyone for 5 mins (25+35+35+35+35+35=200). AND that assumes Keita is still out. Once Keita is back, it becomes even easier.

This really isn't much of a departure from the current plan -- but it requires CJ get 5 minutes of rest.

I am a supporter of a tight, 7 man rotation -- but would really like to see the 6th (G) and 7th (Keita, when healthy) guy get some run. With only 6 that JB trusts, G's minutes have to bump up to 23-28 per game.

At this point in the year, I don't see 2-3 token minutes for Roberson being too helpful.

Your points are well taken. However, my opinion is I would like to see Roberson get more time. These tight games do make it difficult for some of the reserves and it's hard to question the coach on this.

When it comes to tournament time, especially the ACC tourney when we could possibly play three games in three days, I think we will need a full 8 man rotation - Keita, Silent G and Roberson. The tourney format will make it tough if we are only using 6.

Your points are well taken. However, my opinion is I would like to see Roberson get more time. These tight games do make it difficult for some of the reserves and it's hard to question the coach on this.

When it comes to tournament time, especially the ACC tourney when we could possibly play three games in three days, I think we will need a full 8 man rotation - Keita, Silent G and Roberson. The tourney format will make it tough if we are only using 6.
Usually the argument is made that the tourney format is more suitable for a shorter rotation, because of the longer TV timeouts.

ACC Tourney will be tough with a short rotation but the NCAA Tournament is built for short rotations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom